How will Metro 2033 run on my computer?

• Thread starter FishmanGeertz
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Computer
In summary, two individuals are discussing the importance of setting boundaries in a relationship. One person believes it is necessary for a healthy relationship, while the other argues that it can be detrimental. They also mention the importance of communication and compromise in maintaining boundaries.
FishmanGeertz
Core i7 930
6GB DDR3 1333 MHz
MSI Big Bang Xpower X58 motherboard
X2 Radeon HD 5870 (1GB) in CF
Corsair TX850 850W PSU

How will Metro 2033 run on my computer? Can I run it on 1920x1080 with DX11? I heard that Metro 2033 is even more hardware-demanding than Crysis.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Generally, you don't play games based on how good they run, but based on how good they are.

KrisOhn said:
Generally, you don't play games based on how good they run, but based on how good they are.

Agreed, but turning up the "eye candy" gives a much more enjoyable gaming experience.

1. Can my computer run Metro 2033?

The minimum system requirements for Metro 2033 are a 2.2 GHz dual core CPU, 2 GB of RAM, and a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card with at least 512 MB of VRAM. You can check your computer's specs against these requirements to determine if it can run the game.

2. What graphics settings should I use for Metro 2033?

The recommended graphics settings for Metro 2033 will depend on your computer's specs. If your computer meets the minimum requirements, it is recommended to use low to medium graphics settings for optimal performance. If your computer exceeds the minimum requirements, you can experiment with higher graphics settings for better visuals.

3. Will Metro 2033 run smoothly on my computer?

The performance of Metro 2033 on your computer will depend on its specs and settings. If your computer meets the recommended requirements and you use appropriate graphics settings, the game should run smoothly. However, if your computer is below the minimum requirements, you may experience lag or low frame rates.

4. Do I need to update my drivers to run Metro 2033?

It is recommended to always keep your graphics card drivers up to date for optimal performance in games. You can check the website of your graphics card manufacturer for the latest driver updates.

5. Can I run Metro 2033 on a Mac or Linux computer?

Metro 2033 is only officially supported on Windows operating systems. However, there are some workarounds and third-party software that may allow you to run the game on a Mac or Linux computer. However, these methods are not guaranteed to work and may result in technical issues.