Radiobiology: The Bible & Beyond - Graduate Physics Class

• Thread starter Norman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, Radiobiology: The Bible & Beyond is a graduate physics class that explores the intersection of science and religion in the context of radiation. It delves into the history and principles of radiobiology, as well as the ethical and moral considerations that arise when studying and using radiation. The course also examines the role of radiation in various religious texts, such as the Bible, and how it has been viewed and interpreted by different cultures and belief systems. Through this interdisciplinary approach, students gain a deeper understanding of the complex and multifaceted nature of radiation and its impact on society.
Norman
I will be sitting in on some lectures on Radiobiology being taught down the road from me. They will be using https://www.amazon.com/dp/0781741513/?tag=pfamazon01-20 which I have found is considered the "bible" for radiation biology. The class is a graduate level class taught out of the physics department by an MD who does research in radiation biology.

Does anyone have any suggestions of other books to use as a supplement or replacement?

My background: A single microbiology class as an undergrad and a PhD in physics (nuclear).

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I hope outside links are okay with site rules

http://eshandahal.com/2011/01/27/medical-physics-for-medical-imaging-relevant-books-protocols-reports-and-papers/

http://www.radiolopolis.com/index.php/forums/radiology-forums-overview/52-radiology-books-a-software.html

Last edited by a moderator:

FAQ: Radiobiology: The Bible & Beyond - Graduate Physics Class

1. What is radiobiology?

Radiobiology is the study of the effects of ionizing radiation on living organisms, including its mechanisms of action, its biological effects, and ways to protect against radiation exposure.

2. What topics are covered in a graduate physics class on radiobiology?

A graduate physics class on radiobiology may cover topics such as the physical properties of radiation, its interaction with matter, biological effects of radiation, radiation dosimetry, and radiation protection.

3. How is radiobiology related to the Bible?

Radiobiology is not directly related to the Bible, but the use of radiation for medical purposes can be seen as a way of following the biblical principle of healing the sick. Additionally, the ethical considerations of using radiation in medicine may be discussed in the context of religious beliefs.

4. What can I expect to learn from a graduate physics class on radiobiology?

In a graduate physics class on radiobiology, you can expect to learn about the fundamentals of ionizing radiation, its effects on living organisms, and its applications in medical and scientific fields. You may also gain practical skills such as radiation dosimetry and radiation protection techniques.

5. What career opportunities are available in the field of radiobiology?

Graduates of radiobiology programs can pursue careers in radiation therapy, medical physics, nuclear medicine, health physics, radiation research, and more. They may work in hospitals, research facilities, government agencies, or private companies.