Methodology to done my project

• Thread starter no183
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Project
In summary, the speaker has received a project to do numerical simulation of heat flow in a CPU casing using Fluent. Their scope is limited to forced convection and they are currently conducting a literature review. They are unsure of what theories to include, specifically if turbulent or laminar flow should be discussed and if it is an external or internal flow. They plan to cover heat transfer and derivation of energy, continuity, and Navier-Stokes equations, but are unsure if there is anything else to add. They also ask for guidance on theories related to their study and if they should include information on boundary layers and what equations are relevant. The other speaker emphasizes the importance of understanding basic theory and boundary conditions in order to successfully complete the project.
no183
ok, now i have just received a project regarding doing numerical simulation regarding heat flow in my CPU casing using fluent.
my scope of the project is just based on forced convection only
so now, i am doing my literature review part, any past study i can refer to?
adding detail..
i need to know what kind of thing i should included in literature review section here. theory? if theory what theory involved?
turbulent flow? or laminar is it?
is it an external or internal flow?
cause i just write regarding heat transfer (conduction, convection and radiation in the beginning of the chapter) follow by derivation of energy, continuity and navier stoke..
anything to add in?
note: kindly give me some theory to know first, i guess i am poor in this.. i don't know what theory related to my study

Engineering news on Phys.org
If you don't understand the basic theory, you have basically no hope of doing a numerical simulation. If you can't write a complete sentence, you can't write a paper that will receive a passing grade. Do you understand what a boundary condition is?

the layer which separate laminar and turbulent?
should i write boundary layer inside my litreature review?if yes which i should write? there is a lot of boundary layer type...
and what equation related to my project?

1. What is the first step in creating a methodology for my project?

The first step in creating a methodology for your project is to clearly define your research question or problem. This will help guide your entire methodology and ensure that your project is focused and relevant.

2. How do I determine the appropriate research methods for my project?

Determining the appropriate research methods for your project will depend on your research question, available resources, and the type of data you are trying to collect. Some common research methods include surveys, experiments, interviews, and case studies.

3. What is the importance of a literature review in project methodology?

A literature review is an important step in project methodology as it helps to identify and understand previous research on your topic. This can help inform your research methods and provide a framework for your project.

4. How do I ensure the validity and reliability of my methodology?

To ensure the validity and reliability of your methodology, it is important to use a combination of research methods, have a clear and well-defined research design, and use reliable and valid measures. It is also important to carefully consider any potential biases and limitations in your methodology.

5. How do I document and report on my methodology?

Documenting and reporting on your methodology is crucial for transparency and reproducibility. This can be done through detailed research protocols, data collection and analysis procedures, and clear descriptions of your research methods in any publications or presentations.