Designing a Simple Rectifier: A Step-by-Step Guide

In summary, Ouabache provides a tutorial on how to make a simple rectifier, and Don provides a link to a similar tutorial. Karim102 has successfully made a simple rectifier.
karim102
Hi:biggrin: ,
I am again, I want to know How I can make simple rectifier, If you can give me graph for rectifier.

Thanks
I appreciate it :approve:

Engineering news on Phys.org
I googled the following for you:

+rectifier +tutorial

and got lots of hits. The first one looks pretty instructive. Hope that helps.

if he's asking how to build a pn junction i'd think he'd have a hard time getting doped silicon, geranium would probably be easyier, i found a link for a homemade tube diode. maybe I'm reading to much into this. :rolleyes:

Beckeman,

Have you ever seen the old selenium rectifiers.
http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~postr/MRT/SelRecD.htm
I thought the packaging was cool.

Don

Last edited by a moderator:
dlgoff said:
Berkeman,

Have you ever seen the old selenium rectifiers.
http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~postr/MRT/SelRecD.htm
I thought the packaging was cool.

Don
LOL, Don. That's almost surreal. I wonder who the heck the customers were for this stuff...

http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~postr/MRT/NTUaAD.htm

berkeman said:
I wonder who the heck the customers were for this stuff...

from what i know back in the day most people would take there tubes to the local hardware store, use the tube tester and buy tubes as needed. working with electronics seemed to have a lot less of a nerdy image back then to.

Berkeman, you're forgetting that in the old days of electronics it was not uncommon at all to be replacing parts in TVs and radios quite often. I'm sure these sort of things were sold wherever tubes were sold. Quite likely at the corner drugstore.

Averagesupernova said:
Berkeman, you're forgetting that in the old days of electronics it was not uncommon at all to be replacing parts in TVs and radios quite often. I'm sure these sort of things were sold wherever tubes were sold. Quite likely at the corner drugstore.
That's funny... What you said brought back memories from my childhood (late 60's?) of seeing Tube Tester stations in some stores. You'd plug in your tube to see if it was weak, and then you could buy replacement tubes there.

Anyway, sorry that we hijacked your thread, OP. Did you get what you needed?

How did karim102 make out with the simple rectifier?
Perhaps karim could get some http://mineral.galleries.com/minerals/sulfides/galena/galena.htm

Hi,
thanks a lot Ouabache, it is so great, I will do it so soon.
I appreciate it man

1. What is the purpose of designing a simple rectifier?

The purpose of designing a simple rectifier is to convert alternating current (AC) into direct current (DC). This is important because many electronic devices require DC to function properly.

2. What materials are needed to build a simple rectifier?

The materials needed for a simple rectifier include diodes, resistors, capacitors, and a power supply. These can be easily obtained from an electronics store or salvaged from old electronic devices.

3. How do I choose the appropriate components for my simple rectifier?

The choice of components will depend on the desired output voltage and current. Diodes with higher voltage and current ratings should be used for higher output values. Resistors and capacitors should also be chosen based on their voltage and current ratings.

4. How do I assemble the components to build a simple rectifier?

The components should be connected according to the circuit diagram provided in the guide. The diodes should be connected in a specific configuration known as a bridge rectifier. The resistors and capacitors should be connected to regulate the output voltage and filter any noise.

5. Can I modify the design of the simple rectifier to fit my specific needs?

Yes, the design of the simple rectifier can be modified to fit specific needs. This can include using different types of diodes or adding additional components for more precise regulation of the output voltage. However, it is important to have a basic understanding of circuit design to make these modifications safely and effectively.