Grammes/second to litres/second

• Thread starter max11
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around the struggle to convert g/s to l/s and the use of density of air in this conversion. The suggested method is to use the density of air (1.205 kg/m3) to convert 41.7 g/s to l/s in order to find the volumetric efficiency. The final step is to replace the ? with the number of liters in 1 m3 and complete the calculation.
max11
I am really struggling to convert g/s to l/s.
Im sure it has something to do with the desity of air but am not sure.

I have to convert 41.7g/s to l/s to find volumetric efficiency.

I am jst completely stuck, if anyone could give me any pointers that would be great!

Density of air = 1.205kg/m2

Thank you everyone.

Physics news on Phys.org
max11 said:
I am really struggling to convert g/s to l/s.
Im sure it has something to do with the desity of air but am not sure.
It definitely has to do with the density of air.
max11 said:
I have to convert 41.7g/s to l/s to find volumetric efficiency.

I am jst completely stuck, if anyone could give me any pointers that would be great!

Density of air = 1.205kg/m2
This should be 1.205 kg/m3
max11 said:
Thank you everyone.
You have 41.7 g/sec = 41.7 g/sec * (1/1000)kg/g * 1/1.205 m3/kg * (?) l/m3.

Replace ? above with the number of liters in 1 m3 and do the calculation. All the units cancel so that you're left with l/sec.

1. How do I convert grammes/second to litres/second?

To convert from grammes/second to litres/second, you need to know the density of the substance in question. Once you know the density, simply multiply the number of grammes/second by the density to get the equivalent in litres/second.

2. What is the formula for converting grammes/second to litres/second?

The formula for converting grammes/second to litres/second is: litres/second = grammes/second x density.

3. Can I convert from grammes/second to litres/second without knowing the density?

No, you cannot convert from grammes/second to litres/second without knowing the density. The density is a crucial factor in this conversion and without it, the result would not be accurate.

4. Is the conversion from grammes/second to litres/second the same for all substances?

No, the conversion from grammes/second to litres/second varies depending on the substance. Each substance has its own unique density, so the conversion will be different for each one.

5. Is there an online calculator or tool for converting grammes/second to litres/second?

Yes, there are many online calculators and tools available for converting grammes/second to litres/second. Simply search for "grammes/second to litres/second calculator" and you will find several options to choose from.