Just stuck on the last bit integral

In summary, an integral is a mathematical concept used to find the area under a curve on a graph and represents the cumulative value of a function over a certain interval. It can be complex and require multiple steps to solve, and it is common to get stuck on the last bit due to the use of advanced techniques. The choice of integration technique depends on the form of the function being integrated, and the best way to practice solving integrals is to work through a variety of problems and review fundamental concepts. When solving integrals, it is important to be aware of common mistakes such as forgetting to apply the chain rule or adding the constant of integration.
jaci55555
i need to work out the integral on a complex curve:
i am just stuck with the integral:
int[0,2pi]((ie^it)/(e^it +1+i))dt

ps. how do you insert latex text?
thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org
Last edited by a moderator:

What is an integral?

An integral is a mathematical concept that represents the area under a curve on a graph. It is used to find the total or cumulative value of a function over a certain interval.

Why am I stuck on the last bit of an integral?

Integrals can be complex and require multiple steps to solve. It is common to get stuck on the last bit because it may involve more advanced techniques or require a deeper understanding of the problem.

How do I know which integration technique to use?

The choice of integration technique depends on the form of the function being integrated. Some common techniques include substitution, integration by parts, and trigonometric substitution. It is important to try different techniques and see which one leads to a simpler solution.

What is the best way to practice solving integrals?

The best way to practice solving integrals is to work through a variety of problems and try different techniques. It is also helpful to review the fundamental concepts and properties of integrals to better understand the steps involved in solving them.

What are some common mistakes to avoid when solving integrals?

Some common mistakes when solving integrals include forgetting to apply the chain rule, making errors in algebraic manipulations, and forgetting to add the constant of integration. It is important to double-check each step and be aware of these potential mistakes.