Is Memory Loss Common in Young Adults?

• Medical
  • Thread starter semc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Memory
In summary, it seems that you may have memory loss due to distractions. See a doctor to rule out any physical causes.
semc
OMG i am losing memory help!

It seems that i have serious short term memory lately e.g. forgetting what i wanted to say.I though that this syndrom is only for the old folks:confused: is anything wrong with me?i mean i am only 18:cry:

Biology news on Phys.org
semc said:
It seems that i have serious short term memory lately e.g. forgetting what i wanted to say.I though that this syndrom is only for the old folks:confused: is anything wrong with me?i mean i am only 18:cry:
There could be any number of things causing it, you need to see a doctor to rule out physical causes.

Are you smooking weed ? :rolleyes:

ermz is smooking=smoking? anyway i hate smoke :devil:

Are there other symptoms of memory loss that you experience or is it just the forgetting what you were about to say? If not, I don't see a cause for alarm.

Could be depression, stress, lack of sleep, anxiety, inproper diet, lack of exercise, loss of a family member, friend, or pet, hormonal changes inducing above symptoms, or any combination of them.

See a doctor.

If for some reason you can't or will not go to a doctor.

1. Eat a healthy diet.
2. Exercise.
3. Take a multivitamin.

SEE A DOCTOR THOUGH!

I usually have memory loss when I'm distracted. Like Yesterday.. When my mom asked me to get something downstairs.. By the time i got down.. I forgot what i was supposed to get.. Because I was thinking completely about other things(Homework.. School... and like all guys..Girls..lol) ... If you don't tell your brain to memorize it.. it won't do it :P

But... You could also see a doctor..and everything FrogPad is suggesting you.

The last thing you should do is repeatedly tell yourself that your memory is bad. This negatively reinforces memory loss and deters you from trying to improve it.

1. Why am I losing my memory?

There are many potential reasons for memory loss, including natural aging, medical conditions such as Alzheimer's or dementia, and lifestyle factors like stress, lack of sleep, or poor nutrition.

2. What can I do to improve my memory?

There are several things you can do to help improve your memory, such as engaging in regular physical exercise, eating a healthy diet, getting enough sleep, and engaging in mentally stimulating activities like puzzles or learning a new skill.

3. Is memory loss reversible?

It depends on the cause of the memory loss. If it is due to a medical condition, it may be reversible with proper treatment. However, natural age-related memory decline is not reversible, but it can be slowed down with a healthy lifestyle.

4. When should I seek help for memory loss?

If you are experiencing significant and persistent memory loss, it is important to consult with a medical professional to determine the underlying cause and develop a treatment plan. Additionally, if your memory loss is interfering with your daily life, it is important to seek help.

5. Can stress cause memory loss?

Yes, chronic stress can have negative effects on the brain and can contribute to memory loss. It is important to manage stress through relaxation techniques, exercise, and seeking support from friends and family.