How do I plot the graph of f(x) = 4/(x+3)?

In summary, a problem drawing graph is a visual representation of data used to analyze and communicate complex information. Drawing a graph is important for visually identifying patterns and relationships in data. Common mistakes when drawing a graph include using the wrong type, mislabeling axes, and not stating the source of data. To choose the right graph, consider the type of data and relationships you want to show. To improve clarity, label axes clearly, use appropriate scales, and avoid clutter. Using different colors or patterns and including a legend can also help differentiate data sets.
jcheema
Problem drawing graph, please help!

Hi everyone, I'm struggling to draw the graph of f(x) = 4/(x+3)

I'm just wondering how you go about plotting a graph like this and the process you use to do it. Thanks for your time

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, first think about the domain of the function. Then think about some limits of interest.

Btw, http://home.alltel.net/okrebs/page192.html" . :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Learn to draw y = 1/x, first then realize what transformation maps y = 1/x on to y = 1/(x+3). The 4 only represents a one-way stretch in the y-direction, doesn't it.

What is a problem drawing graph?

A problem drawing graph is a visual representation of data or information that helps to illustrate relationships, trends, and patterns. It is used to analyze and understand complex data sets and to communicate findings to others.

Why is drawing a graph important?

Drawing a graph is important because it allows us to see the data in a visual format, which can help us to identify patterns and relationships that may not be apparent in raw data. It also makes it easier to communicate complex information to others.

What are some common mistakes when drawing a graph?

Some common mistakes when drawing a graph include using the wrong type of graph for the data, mislabeling axes, using incorrect scales, and not clearly stating the source of the data. It is important to double-check all aspects of the graph to ensure accuracy.

How do I choose the right graph for my data?

The type of graph you choose depends on the type of data you have and the relationships you want to show. For example, if you want to show changes over time, a line graph would be most appropriate. If you want to compare categories, a bar graph would be more suitable.

How can I improve the clarity of my graph?

To improve the clarity of your graph, make sure to label all axes clearly, use appropriate scales, and avoid clutter by only including necessary data. It is also helpful to use different colors or patterns to differentiate between data sets and to include a legend to explain the meaning of each color or pattern.