How does my book get from this step to this step?

• Thread starter frasifrasi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, the conversation discusses the process of solving an integration problem involving the function dx/ (sqrt(x)*(x+1)). One user suggests substituting u=\sqrt{x} and another user points out the equivalence of this substitution to x=u2. This leads to the solution of 2arctan(sqrt(x)).
frasifrasi
[SOLVED] How does my book get from this step to this step?

My book went from int of dx/ ( sqrt(x)*(x+1) )

to

2arctan sqrt (x) -- WTH?

I thought the form for arctan was dx/a^2 + u^2 and I don't see that in the given integrand?

Can anyone help?

Physics news on Phys.org
Substitute [tex]u=\sqrt{x}[/tex], and see what you get.

If x=u2, then dx = 2 u du

sqrt (x) = u, and

x+1 = u2 + 1

astronuc, did you arrive at that by using the substitution arildno suggested?

Well, arildno said "u= [itex]\sqrt{x}[/itex]" and Astronuc said "x= u2". Look the same to me!

Ha, you rascal!

1. How does my book go from the writing stage to the editing stage?

After completing your manuscript, it will go through a round of self-editing or beta reading, followed by a professional edit by an editor. Once the editing is complete, it will move on to the next step in the publishing process.

2. What happens after my book has been edited?

After the editing stage, your book will go through the formatting process, where it will be prepared for print or digital publication. This includes page layout, font selection, and adding any necessary graphics or images.

3. How does my book get from formatting to the cover design stage?

Once the formatting is complete, your book will be sent to a cover designer who will create a cover that visually represents your book and appeals to your target audience.

4. What is the role of a proofreader in the publishing process?

A proofreader is responsible for reading through your book to catch any remaining errors or typos before it goes to print. This step ensures that your book is polished and professional before it reaches readers.

5. What happens after my book has been proofread?

After the proofreading stage, your book will be ready for publication. It will be sent to a printing facility if you are publishing a physical book, or it will be prepared for digital publication on various platforms. Your book will then be available for purchase by readers.