Write in the form z=x+jy the complex number e^e^j ^=exp

In summary, the speaker is asking for help with two exercises involving complex numbers and is struggling with understanding the concepts. They mention Euler's formula and ask for assistance in solving the equations. They also ask for clarification on the algebraic form of the equations. The responder suggests using Euler's formula and explains how to solve the second equation. They also ask the speaker if they have tried solving the equations themselves.
dionys
Can you help me with the following problems please.
I have a course in telecommunications and i have to understand
complex numbers first.

I can't solve the following exercises:
1) Write in the form z=x+jy the complex number e^e^j
^=exp

2)how i can solve this equation |z+2|=|z-1| and what is the algebraical explanation (z=|z|e^jè|)

Physics news on Phys.org
So what have you managed to do so far?

nothing these are the only exercises of the assignment that i can't do

dionys said:
Can you help me with the following problems please.
I have a course in telecommunications and i have to understand
complex numbers first.

I can't solve the following exercises:
1) Write in the form z=x+jy the complex number e^e^j
^=exp

2)how i can solve this equation |z+2|=|z-1| and what is the algebraical explanation (z=|z|e^jè|)
1. Use Euler formula
2. a. |z-2|=|z+1| <-- is it modular or absulute?
b. so what do you think an algebraical form is ? (also use 1.)

Hello

[tex]e^{j\phi} = \cos\phi + j\sin\phi[/tex]
[tex]\Rightarrow e^{j} = \cos(1) + j\sin(1)[/tex]
[tex]\Rightarrow e^{e^{j}} = e^{\cos(1) + j\sin(1)} = e^{\cos(1)}e^{j\sin(1)}[/tex]

Can you take this further now?

Cheers
Vivek

According to the second equation, viz [tex]\|z + 2\| = \|z - 1\|[/tex] a point is constrained to move on the Gaussian plane such that its distance from a fixed point -2 + j0 equals its distance from another fixed point 1 + j0. Do you know anything else about it or is that it? If you set z = x + jy and solve the resulting algebraic equation (which is quadratic in x), you get something like x = constant, but nothing about y...did you try this?

1. What is a complex number?

A complex number is a number that can be expressed in the form z=x+jy, where x and y are real numbers and j is the imaginary unit (√-1). It is often used in mathematics and physics to represent quantities that have both a real and an imaginary component.

2. How do you write a complex number in exponential form?

A complex number in exponential form can be written as z=re^(jθ), where r is the magnitude of the complex number and θ is the angle it forms with the positive real axis. In this form, the real part is given by x=r cos θ and the imaginary part is given by y=r sin θ.

3. What is the value of e in complex numbers?

The value of e (Euler's number) in complex numbers is the same as in real numbers. It is an irrational number with a value of approximately 2.71828. It is often used in complex analysis and has important connections to trigonometry and calculus.

4. How do you simplify a complex number in exponential form?

To simplify a complex number in exponential form, you can use Euler's formula: e^(jθ)=cos θ+j sin θ. This allows you to rewrite the number in terms of its real and imaginary components, making it easier to perform operations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.

5. What is the complex number e^e^j?

The complex number e^e^j is a special case of the exponential function, where the base is Euler's number and the exponent is a complex number. It can be written as e^(1+j), which simplifies to approximately 1.46869+2.28736j. This number has important applications in complex analysis and is also known as the Gelfond's constant.