Bridge Degree Between Electronics & Planetary Science?

• Thread starter arjose
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Gap
In summary: Does that make sense?In summary, it is possible to link a bachelor's degree in electronic engineering with a degree in planetary science. This would allow someone to pursue a career in astronomy and then a career in planetary science without wasting five years. Signal processing may be a lead towards a career in astronomy.
arjose
Does anyone here know of a possible bridge degree between a bachelor's deg in electronics engineering and a degree in planetary science? I plan to pursue degrees in astronomy and then planetary science without wasting my five years with electronics. Is it possible to link them? If so, what careers can I have with this combination?

Physics news on Phys.org
arjose said:
Does anyone here know of a possible bridge degree between a bachelor's deg in electronics engineering and a degree in planetary science? I plan to pursue degrees in astronomy and then planetary science without wasting my five years with electronics. Is it possible to link them? If so, what careers can I have with this combination?

I'm not an astronomer, or planetary scientist or involved in the study thereof just as a disclaimer.

One thing that sticks out with electronics and astronomy is signal processing. Have you done any of this? (Be it using hardware or software or a combination of both)?

There is a lot of data to analyze, and signal processing should be a significant part of that, so maybe that might be a lead for you.

chiro said:
I'm not an astronomer, or planetary scientist or involved in the study thereof just as a disclaimer.

One thing that sticks out with electronics and astronomy is signal processing. Have you done any of this? (Be it using hardware or software or a combination of both)?

There is a lot of data to analyze, and signal processing should be a significant part of that, so maybe that might be a lead for you.

I've also thought of signal processing as a lead towards astronomy. But without having any degree in physics or astronomy, that would just lead me to careers in engineering equipment for scientists. I was wondering if I could go both ways of being an engineer and a planetary scientist.

1. What is a bridge degree between electronics and planetary science?

A bridge degree between electronics and planetary science is an interdisciplinary program that combines elements of both fields to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of how electronics can be applied to the study of planets and other celestial bodies.

2. What subjects are typically covered in a bridge degree program?

Subjects covered in a bridge degree program may include electronics, planetary science, astronomy, data analysis, instrumentation, and space technology.

3. What career opportunities are available with a bridge degree between electronics and planetary science?

Graduates of a bridge degree program may pursue careers in fields such as space exploration, satellite design and development, planetary research, and space instrumentation.

4. What skills are necessary to succeed in a bridge degree program?

To succeed in a bridge degree program, students will need a strong foundation in mathematics, physics, and computer science. They should also possess critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills.

5. Can a bridge degree between electronics and planetary science lead to further education?

Yes, a bridge degree program can serve as a stepping stone to graduate studies in related fields such as aerospace engineering, planetary science, or space technology.