Relative antiparallel photons generate Q. M.?

In summary: Originally posted by Loren Booda The speed is...inconclusive.That this situation (the microscopic analog to the horizon problem) is classically anomalous requires quantum symmetry-breaking of relativity (as the horizon problem involves the Higgs asymmetry), thus EPR photon spins correlate to Bell inequality violation.Originally posted by Loren Booda From the standpoint of photon there's no time,and one spatial dimension is missing as well.Not to mention cosmology problem of total energy resource in treating reference frame with these properties (not discused in SR at all).Hence,the speed is...inconclusive.
Loren Booda
Take an EPR experiment's singlet state emitting two equivalent photons, each propagating at speed c in opposite directions from each other. What is the apparent speed for the one photon in the reference frame of the other?

That this situation (the microscopic analog to the horizon problem) is classically anomalous requires quantum symmetry-breaking of relativity (as the horizon problem involves the Higgs asymmetry), thus EPR photon spins correlate to Bell inequality violation.

Physics news on Phys.org
Originally posted by Loren Booda
Take an EPR experiment's singlet state emitting two equivalent photons, each propagating at speed c in opposite directions from each other. What is the apparent speed for the one photon in the reference frame of the other?

There's no inertial reference frame in which photon is at rest.
In every inertial reference frame (in vacuum) the speed is c.
So,you can reformulate the question and ask:>Assuming one finds a reference frame fixed to say left propagating photon anyway,what would be consequantly the "speed" of the right propagating one in such theoretical r. frame?<"
A:Infinite.

P.S. Big mystery of photon is it doesn't "sense" the passage of time.
It is forever young,doomed to endless motion in our observable universe ,if it doesn't couple to a matterial particle.This in effect results in infinite distance reach of EM force.

I realize there is more in the world than the things I have heard of, butTake an EPR experiment's singlet state emitting two equivalent photons, each propagating at speed c in opposite directions from each other. What is the apparent speed for the one photon in the reference frame of the other?

As TeV pointed out, there is no "photon's reference frame". The most you could do is send a photon in one direction and an observer at 0.999c in the other. Then, the speed of the photon wrt the observer is c (TeV: why would it be infinite?)

That this situation (the microscopic analog to the horizon problem)

What horizon problem?

is classically anomalous requires quantum symmetry-breaking of relativity

You seem to be making stuff up. What symmetry in relativity are you talking about? what do you mean by "quantum symmetry-breaking"?

(as the horizon problem involves the Higgs asymmetry)

AFAIK, there is no such thing as the "Higgs asymmetry". Are you referring to electroweak symmetry breaking?

The Higgs is the field that would be responsible for the spontaneous breaking of electroweak gauge symmetry, hence allowing mass terms for all particles, but it produces no "symmetry-breaking of relativity", and I have never heard of any "horizon problem" involving the Higgs field. It seems to me that you are merging together words in sentences that seem interesting, but that show a lack of understanding of how the concepts mentioned are interrelated.

, thus EPR photon spins correlate to Bell inequality violation.

I don't think this follows logically from any of what you wrote.

[Edit: took out the boldface]

ahrkron and Nommos Prime (Dogon),

What I hypothesize is that superluminal quantum correlations utilize the same underlying mechanism as cosmological inflation - asymmetry of a Higgs potential - allowing either process statistical agreement over FTL intervals.

Justifying the observed homogeniety between opposite universal horizons' blackbody temperatures suggests a tremendous, early-on acceleration of expansion, at a rate many orders above the speed of light. This inflation, a la Guth, is attributed to the break from symmetry effected by a Higgs mechanism.

Likewise, I propose that wherever correlated (entangled) particles separate superluminally, that they maintain those statistics through a cosmological Higgs dynamic alone. (Their "stochastic speed" is some 1028 fold beyond that of light.) The probabilistic residue that violates the Bell inequality is therefore representative of the true vacuum vs the false vacuum of accustomed physics.

What I hypothesize is that superluminal quantum correlations utilize the same underlying mechanism as cosmological inflation - asymmetry of a Higgs potential -

Let's go step by step.

Can you specify what you mean with "asymmetry of a Higgs potential"?
Then,
How is that related to inflation?

Originally posted by ahrkron
(TeV: why would it be infinite?)

Oops,sorry.That was my typo (English is not my native language).
I certainly meant INDEFINITE.
The cause and effect (causility wise) must be preserved in any multidimensional model of universe.However,both SR and GR suffers from the problems relating singularity in the case of the free photon "at rest".From the standpoint of photon there's no time,and one spatial dimension is missing as well.Not to mention cosmology problem of total energy resource in treating reference frame with these properties (not discused in SR at all).Hence,the speed is indefinite.

ahrkron
Can you specify what you mean with "asymmetry of a Higgs potential"?
I meant to say "unstable symmetry of a Higgs potential."

ahrkron
How is that related to inflation?

http://nedwww.ipac.caltech.edu/level5/Primack/Primack1_6_2.html

http://www.nikhef.nl/~henkjan/astro/node20.html

Please forgive my throwing forth these websites; they have the best description of the role between the Higgs and inflation that I could find.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What are relative antiparallel photons?

Relative antiparallel photons are pairs of photons that are traveling in opposite directions with the same energy and frequency. They are considered "relative" because their motion is relative to each other, rather than absolute in space.

2. How do relative antiparallel photons generate Q. M.?

Relative antiparallel photons interact with each other through the process of quantum entanglement, which results in the creation of quantum mechanical (Q. M.) states. This means that the properties of one photon are dependent on the properties of the other, even when they are separated by large distances.

3. What is the significance of relative antiparallel photons in quantum mechanics?

Relative antiparallel photons play a crucial role in understanding and studying the principles of quantum mechanics. They are often used in experiments to demonstrate concepts such as superposition, entanglement, and non-locality.

4. Can relative antiparallel photons be observed in real life?

Yes, relative antiparallel photons have been observed in various experiments, such as the famous "double-slit" experiment. However, due to their subtle and complex nature, they are not directly observable in everyday life.

5. How are relative antiparallel photons relevant to modern science and technology?

The study of relative antiparallel photons has led to advancements in various fields, including quantum computing, cryptography, and telecommunications. They also offer potential for further developments in areas such as quantum teleportation and quantum encryption.