Frictionless plane at angle of theta=69degrees

In summary, the problem involves a tilted table with an angle of 69°, a block 1 with a mass of 6 on the incline of the plane, and a block 2 with a mass of 3.9 hanging freely from a pulley. The goal is to find the magnitude of the new acceleration of block 1 using the equation F=ma. The attempt at a solution involves drawing a free body diagram and setting the x-axis parallel to the plane and the y-axis perpendicular. The net force along the x-axis is equal to the tension (T) minus the weight (W) multiplied by the tangent of the angle (theta), and this is equal to the mass of block 1 times the acceleration.
mrshappy0

Homework Statement

A table is tilted at an angle of θ = 69° with respect to the vertical. Find the magnitude of the new acceleration of block 1. Mass of the block 1 which is on the incline of the plan is 6. Mass of block 2 which is hanging freely from the pulley is 3.9.

Homework Equations

F=ma

The Attempt at a Solution

I drew the free body diagram and started working on block one and set the x-axis parallel to the plane and have the y-axis perpendicular to make it easier. Fnet,alongx=T-Wtan(theta)=m1(a). Then I went on to work on Fnet,alongy=.. and it started looking really complicated. Not sure if I am approaching it correctly.

Physics news on Phys.org
I am struggling to grasp the problem definition. I can understand that there is a table, which makes an angle of [itex]69^{\circ}[/itex] with the vertical. It initially as a block M_{1} on the table at rest, and you wish to know the net acceleration. I do not understand your reference to a pulley and block 2, where is the pulley?

Could you also expand on what T and W are?

From what I can see you should have 2 forces acting on the mass, M1. So for your Fnet_along y there should be a maximum of two terms?

Thanks

What is a frictionless plane at an angle of theta=69 degrees?

A frictionless plane at an angle of theta=69 degrees refers to a hypothetical situation where an object is placed on an inclined plane with no frictional force acting on it and the angle of the plane is set at 69 degrees from the horizontal.

Why is a frictionless plane at an angle of theta=69 degrees used in scientific experiments?

A frictionless plane at an angle of theta=69 degrees is used in scientific experiments to simplify calculations and study the effects of gravity and motion on objects without the interference of friction.

How does the angle of the plane affect the motion of objects on a frictionless plane at an angle of theta=69 degrees?

The angle of the plane determines the acceleration and speed of an object on a frictionless plane at an angle of theta=69 degrees. The steeper the angle, the faster the object will accelerate down the plane due to the force of gravity.

What is the relationship between the angle of the plane and the weight of the object on a frictionless plane at an angle of theta=69 degrees?

The angle of the plane does not affect the weight of the object. The weight of the object will remain constant regardless of the angle of the plane. However, the angle of the plane will affect the force of gravity acting on the object, which in turn affects the object's acceleration.

What are the limitations of a frictionless plane at an angle of theta=69 degrees in real-life situations?

In real-life situations, it is impossible to have a completely frictionless plane. There will always be some form of friction present, which can affect the motion of objects on the plane. Additionally, the angle of the plane may change due to external factors, making it difficult to accurately measure the effects of the angle on the object's motion.