Can you break it i bet u cant

• Thread starter siresam88
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Break
In summary, Dave thinks the code is a cryptogram and that solving it would result in a message about the game, Caesar III.
siresam88
Can you break it ! i bet u can't !

LDTGDOTURELOESIDWWCBSUVCAFEEOHISKEIFWCLUSTMNISEEIOLIMAOSIECDVDMUGWNOLOEEBPCITTNIUWDELHCHAINLHIMELAT

This is a simple code that i made up for a friend who is confused about ...?? if you want to know u will have to break it !

As i said it is quite simple and coz the person it is for wldn't be able to do it!

i want to try and make up more complicated codes in the future coz i find it very interesting and since we had the enigma talk at skul i have made up a few codes for friends!

have a go at it !

Ceasar 3 wat a good game and how can one complete it ?

Physics news on Phys.org
siresam88 said:
LDTGDOTURELOESIDWWCBSUVCAFEEOHISKEIFWCLUSTMNISEEIOLIMAOSIECDVDMUGWNOLOEEBPCITTNIUWDELHCHAINLHIMELAT
This is a simple code that i made up for a friend who is confused about ...?? if you want to know u will have to break it !

I get:
"LOVE ISNT A DECISION, IT'S A FEELING. IF WE COULD DECIDE WHO WE LOVED IT WOULD BE MUCH SIMPLER, BIT MUCH LESS MAGICAL. U KNOW THT."

DaveE

Lbtibw qlbr ri fucw rgua ibw l ret? pyurw aunokw ewlkkt.

I got:

"Its all over for you now, buddy. Go take a long walk off a short pier."

I hope he's not a close friend.:uhh:

You can always do strange things with encoding. Between re-arranging characters, throwing in useless ones, doing standard replacement, or even inventing new rules for character definitions, like "when you see this character, the preceeding character should be shifted 3 characters to the right", or some such. This type of encoding gave me the idea of doing something like this:

Code:
f or oa ak diuca hsaictfipinmsoyrd,wo hy,ywyhon pngaaiip oa(r,lWetan ed
eoej nhsncueynl arctnntjnnas k ryufgotnino a th ieie  to bra rista rhst
tmynds, ammifmsnv soeb,uvs A trtucag,rdronrwee)l. ce nrnesu aucyef toto
tLee l!drg o  sle  cr useh nbmcpsoftwseli gaeuaie nealhtinrnlsospa afys
ayoo ba   m uhwnnwnctgee bmdeo,t oi nrs uk tiehereitrii'nuht ieciear mr
ozhuo f.o pr p  ng riobiskncno  !wnrf  rouo u t dp  es gcO

Rather difficult to *decode*, even knowing the algorithm, and far easier to encode.

DaveE

davee123 said:
I get:
"LOVE ISNT A DECISION, IT'S A FEELING. IF WE COULD DECIDE WHO WE LOVED IT WOULD BE MUCH SIMPLER, BIT MUCH LESS MAGICAL. U KNOW THT."

DaveE

YOU GOT IT WELL DONE !

was the clue at the end a bit of a giveaway?!

damn
good job dave

How did you it? Did you see it before, or figure out?

Mk said:
How did you it? Did you see it before, or figure out?

Oh, I hadn't seen it before, although the comment of "it is quite simple" was the only helpful hint. I started with the basic guess that it might be a standard cryptogram, but the letter frequency seemed pretty typical, so I gave up on that idea. Since he claimed it was "simple" I figured instead it might be some sort of logically jumbled letters. So I tried "every other letter", "every 3rd letter", etc, until the first bunch of letters spelled out "LOVEISNTA", which looked promising. And hey, the rest of the message worked.

On that note, my above cryptic message was built sort of similarly, by taking "every prime numbered letter" out of the original message, and building the cryptogram from it, repeating until all the letters had been used. Hence, with a message like:

"Cryptograms_are_great_fun"

First pass:

Letters taken: rytgsagef
Letters remaining: Cporam_re_rat_un
Current result: rytgsagef

2nd pass on the letters remaining:

Letters taken: poa_rt
Letters remaining: Crmre_a_un
Current result: rytgsagefpoa_rt

3rd pass:

Letters taken: rmea
Letters remaining: Cr__un
Current result: rytgsagefpoa_rtrmea

4th pass:

Letters taken: r_u
Letters remaining: C_n
Current result: rytgsagefpoa_rtrmear_u

5th pass:

Letters taken: _n
Letters remaining: C
Current result: rytgsagefpoa_rtrmear_u_n

Final jumbled message:

rytgsagefpoa_rtrmear_u_nC

Of course, you can add such a fantastic degree of complexity to these sorts of puzzles by doing something like that *in combination* with other confusing things, which would mean pretty much nobody could solve it, short of merely guessing your strategy.

For instance, I could ignore every Nth letter (or heck, every consecutive digit of pi'th letter), have it be a "standard" cryptogram, use the above algorithm on it, the add in silly rules to further transform it, like "t" => "m", but "s" is a modifier, which, if it preceeds a letter, changes its meaning, making "st" => "a". The end result could be a code so complex that it'd be pretty much useless to try and solve. I highly recommend that if you're posting a puzzle, try and only use one encoding algorithm.

DaveE

Ceasar 3 wat a good game and how can one complete it ?

Perhaps siresam88 was referring to the book, Digital Fortress and the way Columnar transposition was called as Caesars square cipher in it.

1. Can you explain the concept of "breaking" something in science?

"Breaking" something in science typically refers to the process of disrupting the structure or function of a material or system. This can be done through physical force, chemical reactions, or other methods to observe how the material or system behaves and potentially discover new properties or applications.

2. Is it possible to break something that seems unbreakable?

Yes, with enough force or the right conditions, it is possible to break even the strongest materials. For example, diamonds are known for their strength, but they can be broken with a hammer if enough force is applied in the right way.

3. Why do scientists try to break things?

Breaking things in a controlled and systematic way allows scientists to better understand the properties and behavior of materials and systems. It also helps in the development of new technologies and products.

4. Can you give an example of a scientific experiment where something is intentionally broken?

One example is the Charpy impact test, where a material is subjected to a swinging pendulum to determine its resistance to sudden impacts or shocks. The material will break under the force of the pendulum, but the amount of force required to break it can provide valuable information about its strength and toughness.

5. Are there any risks associated with breaking things in a scientific setting?

Yes, there can be risks involved in breaking things in a scientific setting. It is important for scientists to follow safety protocols and precautions, especially when dealing with potentially hazardous materials or high levels of force. In addition, any experiments involving breaking materials should be done in a controlled environment to minimize the risk of injury.