Possibilities of being able to break known biological limitations

In summary, the conversation revolves around the possibility of breaking known biological limitations through the many-worlds interpretation of quantum physics. The speaker explores different multiverse theories and their potential impact on biological limitations, but ultimately concludes that the question is not answerable without specific rules or constraints. The conversation is closed.
g564321
Hello, so to give some background context to my question, I was playing around with thought puzzles in my head about the many-worlds interpretation of quantum and the notion that all possible variants would come about. I ended up arriving at a place where I wondered if it were possible for the many worlds interpretations to break known, confirmed biological limitations that were already set.

Just to give an example of what I mean, which happens to be somewhat ridiculous but gets the point across about what I mean about confirmed limitations, a person can’t wake up and have grown an extra four arms in a night. I wasn’t thinking quite to that extent, but the fundamentals that I was thinking about are conveyed in that point. I do mean things that couldn’t happen, not slight statistical anomalies that can potentially occur but are rare.

At first, I wondered if the many worlds interpretation was able to produce things that would be considered biologically impossible, with the reasoning being that physics is more fundamental to life than biology, and that potentially the variation within physics could make its way to influencing set biological limitations.

After reading through more, it seems that with the many worlds interpretation being just an interpretation of the known data, it wouldn’t make any predictions about this world that are different than what’s already seen, meaning that it wouldn’t be able to break any known biological limitations.

Meanwhile, all of the reading and thinking about multiverses also produced the question in my head, does any multiverse theory support any kind of notion of being able to break known biological limitations set in this world.

To provide my understanding of the differences between the types of multiverses through analogy, if you were to think of our universe as a single tree, I see the many worlds interpretation as producing many branches on that one tree, while I think of the other multiverse theories as a vast amount of different trees with each one being independent from the others. Additionally, the way how I see it, the different trees, or universes, could have no influence on each other in relation to being able to change anything like biological limitations.

With that being the case, I couldn’t think of any way how any multiverse theory could effect the biological limitations of this world, but there are so many out there, I felt like I couldn’t account for them all.

So, with all of that being said, I was wondering was there any way for the biological limitations of this world to be changed? I wrote so much about multiverses because I figured that if the limitations are set for this world, then you would need to incorporate the aspects of another world to influence the set limitations, which I think will hold, but ultimately, my question is just whether or not there would ever be any way to break the set biological limitations of this world.

Biology news on Phys.org
This does not seem to be a question for the Biology forum. Should I move it next to your other thread in the Quantum Physics forum? I'm not sure it's a good fit there either...

g564321 said:
ultimately, my question is just whether or not there would ever be any way to break the set biological limitations of this world

In other words, all this other stuff about the MWI (which, as @berkeman noted, is already being discussed in another thread, no need to add this post to that) has nothing to do with your actual question?

And your actual question is basically "can X happen, when I am giving no rules or constraints whatever to decide whether or not X can happen?".

That question is not answerable. Thread closed.

1. Can we really break known biological limitations?

While it is currently not possible to completely break known biological limitations, there have been advancements in medical technology and genetic engineering that allow us to extend certain limitations, such as increasing lifespan or enhancing physical abilities.

2. What are some examples of known biological limitations?

Some examples of known biological limitations include aging, limited regenerative abilities, and susceptibility to certain diseases or injuries.

3. How do scientists approach the study of breaking biological limitations?

Scientists approach this topic through a combination of research, experimentation, and ethical considerations. They study the underlying mechanisms of biological limitations and explore potential solutions through various methods, such as genetic manipulation or developing new medical treatments.

4. What are the potential ethical implications of breaking biological limitations?

There are many potential ethical implications to consider when discussing the possibilities of breaking biological limitations. These include issues of fairness, access to technology, and unintended consequences on individuals and society as a whole.

5. Are there any risks associated with attempting to break biological limitations?

As with any scientific advancement, there are potential risks and uncertainties associated with attempting to break biological limitations. It is important for scientists to thoroughly research and carefully consider the potential consequences before moving forward with any interventions.