What's the best way to make a warm metal plate?

In summary, the best way to make a warmable metal plate using electrical warming is to either use a bunch of resistors bolted to the back of the plate or buy adhesive warming pads. It will also need to be battery driven and have a switch. The power and heat needed will depend on the specific use, but options include tank/block heaters or adhesive pads. Another option is a heated pet bowl.
Poxnar
As the title says (and yes, I know it sounds a bit weird), what's the best way to make a warmable metal plate (70*45 cm big), using electrical warming? I've been thinking about using induction heating to make the plate warm, but I don't know the best way to do it. It should be battery driven and also have a switch, but that's basically the only components that I want the plate to have. So what's the best way to make it? And also, I would appreciate a simple circuit diagram.

Engineering news on Phys.org
A bunch of resistors bolted to the back of the plate, or you can buy adhesive warming pads that have a resistor spread through them.

Depends on how much power and who hot you need it to get - if you are running from a battery you aren't going to be able to heat it very much.

Ok, thanks for the tip.

How hot do you need and how much power - ie is the plate insulated or does it have cold water pouring over it?

I'll need power enough to melt snow on it, ie not that much power I guess. The warmer the better though.

Best way probably tank/block heaters.
Adhesive pads about 6x6 or 12x12 inches that put out about as much heat as a lightbulb. You use them to stop fuel tanks freezing or frost in greenhouses.

Something like this (http://www.kennedydiesel.com/detail.cfm?ID=372) you can also get smaller ones that run off a car battery.

Alright, I'll try that, thanks again for the help. :)

What materials are best for making a warm metal plate?

The best materials for making a warm metal plate are those that conduct heat well, such as copper, aluminum, and stainless steel. These materials will heat up quickly and evenly, providing a warm surface for your plate.

How thick should the metal plate be?

The thickness of the metal plate will depend on the heat source and the intended use. Thicker plates will hold heat longer, but may take longer to warm up. A thickness of 1/8 inch is typically sufficient for most applications.

What is the best heat source for warming a metal plate?

The best heat source for warming a metal plate is a stovetop or hot plate. These provide even heat distribution and allow for temperature control. Avoid using open flames or microwaves, as they can cause uneven heating and potential safety hazards.

How can I prevent the metal plate from getting too hot?

To prevent the metal plate from getting too hot, you can use a heat diffuser or a double boiler. These tools will help distribute the heat evenly and prevent hot spots on the plate. You can also monitor the temperature with a thermometer and adjust the heat source as needed.

Can I use a metal plate in the oven?

Yes, you can use a metal plate in the oven, but be sure to check the manufacturer's instructions to ensure it is oven-safe. Also, avoid sudden temperature changes, as this can cause the plate to warp or crack. It is best to preheat the plate in the oven before placing food on it.