Register to reply

Foam formation on a wound

by NATURE.M
Tags: foam, formation, wound
Share this thread:
NATURE.M
Jan14-14, 09:18 PM
P: 232
So I wasn't sure if this is the most appropriate place, but recently I got cut on my palm. So its been about two days, for which time I have been using a bandage to conceal the cut. (Note, the cut isn't large, surface area ≈ 1 square cm (probably slight less)
However, i noticed the formation of this foam-looking substance on the wound region, and did a little research. I'm not entirely sure but it seems it may be biofilm, as depicted in the following link:
http://www.vescompression.com/blog/c...-to-seek-care/

But then I thought, since I normally apply face wash in the morning, which contains sodium hydroxide and salicylic acid (among many other chemicals), it may of caused the foam to form.
I read the article
http://science.howstuffworks.com/inn...uestion115.htm
which indicates that hydrogen peroxide foams when you put it on a cut. So maybe this is true for other chemicals?

Overall, I'm really just not sure what to do. Should I just wait, and see if it heals or should I see a doctor within the next couple of days.

Note, this is my first cut in quite some time (but I don't remember this ever happening).
Phys.Org News Partner Medical research news on Phys.org
Imaging identifies asymptomatic people at risk for stroke
Dental and nutrition experts call for radical rethink on free sugars intake
Study shows consumption of high-fat dairy products is associated with a lower risk of developing diabetes
Evo
Jan14-14, 09:47 PM
Mentor
P: 26,655
Since we have no idea what could be wrong, all we can say is to go to the doctor and have it properly checked.

Register to reply