Pneumatic/hydraulic simulation software?

In summary: I'm not sure. I have not used either. Festo might be a little bit cheaper.In summary, the best hydraulic/pneumatic simulation software is Automation Studio. It may be a bit expensive, but it is definitely worth it.
ranger
Gold Member
I'm looking pneumatic/hydraulic simulation software. Anyone know any good ones? It would be nice if they had a trail version also.

--thank you.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Are you looking for specific applications or something to lay out a piping system?

FredGarvin said:
Are you looking for specific applications or something to lay out a piping system?
Actually its not for a piping system. I want to use it to simulate the pneumatic experiments we are doing in school. Using various parts such as three way valve, four way valve, flow controls, pulse valve, etc to show the output as the movement of a piston. I just want to make sure that the results I obtain in the lab are correct.

Last edited:
Ahh. The only ones I know of are going to be high end, expensive stuff. I'll keep my eyes out for anything though.

FredGarvin said:
Ahh. The only ones I know of are going to be high end, expensive stuff. I'll keep my eyes out for anything though.

How expensive are these? What are the programs that you have in mind?

Perhaps something like http://www.keyence.com/products/barcode/plc/kvwindow/kvwindow_features_1.php"will help you. You may not be able to graphically move a cylinder but you can write and verify your ladder logic to drive the cylinder.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.automationstudio.com/"

This is the best hydraulic/pneumatic simulation software I've come across. Check out some their demo videos. If you contacted them you may be able to talk them into temp license.

I know there is hydrauliCAD. not 100% sure if it can do pneumatics but most probably it can. it might be a wee bit expensive though. I bet if you contact them, they'll answer you much better than i can.

cheers

Check out http://www.hypneu.com"
It's the only American based hydraulic simulation software I know of

ranger said:
I'm looking pneumatic/hydraulic simulation software. Anyone know any good ones? It would be nice if they had a trail version also.

--thank you.

Automation Studio
A software tool for design, simulation and animation of hydraulics and propotional hydraulics; pneumatics and propotional pneumatics; electrical control; PLC and much more...

Is Automation Studio is better than Festo

1. What is pneumatic/hydraulic simulation software?

Pneumatic/hydraulic simulation software is a computer program that allows scientists and engineers to model and simulate the behavior of pneumatic and hydraulic systems. These systems use compressed air or fluids to transmit power, and the software helps to design and troubleshoot these systems before they are built.

2. What are the benefits of using pneumatic/hydraulic simulation software?

Using simulation software has numerous benefits, including cost savings, quicker design iteration, and the ability to test and optimize systems before they are physically built. It also allows for a deeper understanding of system behavior and the ability to make changes and adjustments without incurring additional costs.

3. What types of systems can be simulated using this software?

Pneumatic/hydraulic simulation software can be used to simulate a wide range of systems, including but not limited to industrial equipment, aerospace and automotive systems, hydraulic and pneumatic machinery, and control systems. It can also be used for educational and research purposes.

4. Is this software suitable for both beginners and advanced users?

Yes, most pneumatic/hydraulic simulation software is designed to be user-friendly and can be used by beginners with no prior experience. However, it also has advanced features and capabilities that make it suitable for more experienced users in the field of fluid power and system design.

5. Can this software be integrated with other programs or tools?

Yes, many pneumatic/hydraulic simulation software programs can be integrated with other programs or tools, such as CAD software, to facilitate the design and analysis process. This allows for seamless data transfer and collaboration between different software programs, making the design process more efficient and accurate.