Curious does anyone play the piano

In summary, there are a few members on the forum who play piano to varying degrees, with interests in classical, ragtime, and jazz styles. The forum does not have a music section because there are not enough physics-related questions about music, but some members would enjoy a music theory forum. When playing piano and singing, the top staff is for the voice and the lower two staves are for the piano. Elton John typically plays the lower two staves while singing, but there is a piano-only version available for those who do not want to sing or have another instrument playing the melody. Sheetmusicdirect.com offers a variety of piano sheet music for purchase, including easy piano, solo piano, and full pieces with all parts.
leroyjenkens said:
I was going to buy a cheap keyboard on ebay to learn how to play the piano. Pianos have like 88 keys, right? Well the keyboard I want to get only has 61. Will that make a difference? I want to be able to transition my keyboard skills to a piano.
I agree with what Ken Natton said about this. If it's a matter of budget, you might want to wait a bit longer, pay a bit more, and get something that you'll be much happier with and will serve your purpose better.

I found this on the internet:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Williams-Allegro-88-Key-Digital-Piano-106063399-i1551911.gc

I was surprised to find a weighted, hammer-action digital piano in this price range. The reviews by owners are generally quite good. What do you think?

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for the responses. Right now I just want to get started on learning to play. I may purchase an actual piano within the next few years. There's an electric keyboard on ebay that this company sells for about 60$ including shipping. That's pretty cheap. Their feedback is pretty good and I've bought a guitar from them before and it was nice for how cheap it was (20$). So I may go ahead and get that one from them and maybe later buy a more expensive keyboard. The keyboard in your link is a little too expensive for me right now. I need to stay under 100$. And when I get started, learn how to play a bit, and realize that I like playing the piano, I'll invest in a higher quality one, like the one in your link, Thomas.
If this 61 key keyboard is alright to start with, I think I'll go with that. Thanks.