How do I find approximations (decimals) when using a ti 36x pro

• Thread starter TitoSmooth
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about a user's frustration with the TI 36x pro calculator displaying answers in exact fraction form and needing to use two calculators to work with decimals. They ask for the command to convert fractions to decimals and another user suggests changing the calculator's mode to CLASSIC instead of MATHPRINT to permanently display decimals.
TitoSmooth
Hey guys. I bought my ti 36x pro recently and I am loving it. The problem I am having. I am doing Newton ' Method to solve roots and when I get an answer it appears in exact fraction form. It is kind of annoying I need to work with 2 calculators to instead of 1.

What is the command on the ti 36x pro to convert fractions to decimals? Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Thanks alot. I was getting frustrated.

This is a really late response, but i had the same problem and it can be set permanently to display pi as "3.141592..." for example.
If you go to MODE and go to the very bottom, put it to CLASSIC instead of MATHPRINT. Problem solved!

1. How do I enter decimal numbers on the ti 36x pro calculator?

To enter decimal numbers on the ti 36x pro calculator, simply press the decimal point button (.) followed by the digits of the decimal number you want to enter.

2. How do I round a decimal approximation on the ti 36x pro calculator?

To round a decimal approximation on the ti 36x pro calculator, use the round function by pressing "2nd" and then "PRB" buttons. Select the number of decimal places you want to round to and then enter the number you want to round.

3. How do I convert a fraction to a decimal on the ti 36x pro calculator?

To convert a fraction to a decimal on the ti 36x pro calculator, enter the fraction using the "/" button and then press the "2nd" and "Frac" buttons. This will display the decimal approximation of the fraction.

4. How do I find the square root of a decimal number on the ti 36x pro calculator?

To find the square root of a decimal number on the ti 36x pro calculator, press the "2nd" and "x^2" buttons. Then enter the decimal number and press the "=" button. The result will be the square root of the decimal number.

5. How do I switch between decimal and fraction display on the ti 36x pro calculator?

To switch between decimal and fraction display on the ti 36x pro calculator, press the "2nd" and "Frac" buttons. This will toggle between displaying decimals and fractions for your calculations.