Material for Quantum Transport

In summary, "Material for Quantum Transport" refers to materials with unique properties that allow for the transport of quantum particles. These materials must have characteristics that minimize interference and can exhibit quantum effects at the nanoscale level. Potential applications include quantum computing and sensing, and scientists study these materials through experimental techniques and theoretical models.
acharya4689
Hi all,

I want to learn Quantum Transport materials . I would like to know some good material to start with and also I want to learn NEGF formalism. please suggest me some good books that teach from fundamentals in these areas..

Thank you ...!

Physics news on Phys.org

FAQ: Material for Quantum Transport

1. What is "Material for Quantum Transport"?

"Material for Quantum Transport" refers to a type of material that exhibits unique properties that allow for the transport of quantum particles such as electrons. These materials are often studied and utilized in the field of quantum physics.

2. What makes a material suitable for quantum transport?

A material suitable for quantum transport must have properties that allow for the movement of quantum particles without significant interference. This can include low levels of impurities, strong electron-electron interactions, and the ability to confine electrons to a specific region.

3. How is "Material for Quantum Transport" different from other materials?

Unlike traditional materials, "Material for Quantum Transport" exhibits quantum effects at the nanoscale level. This means that the behavior of electrons and other quantum particles in these materials is governed by the laws of quantum mechanics, rather than classical physics.

4. What are some potential applications of "Material for Quantum Transport"?

"Material for Quantum Transport" has the potential to be used in various fields such as quantum computing, spintronics, and quantum sensing. These materials could also help advance research in areas such as superconductivity and topological insulators.

5. How do scientists study "Material for Quantum Transport"?

Scientists use a variety of experimental techniques, such as scanning tunneling microscopy and quantum transport measurements, to study the properties of these materials at the nanoscale level. They also use theoretical models and simulations to understand the behavior of quantum particles in these materials.

Back