How does the cosmological event horizon change the matter density?

In summary: So the question is how much entra matter is produced by the cosmic event horizon? I imagine it must be very small, but since it occupies all of otherwise empty space, its contribution might be considerable.The contribution of entrained matter by the cosmic event horizon is still a topic of debate and further research is needed to fully understand its effects on the universe.
Mike2
I'm told that the cosmological event horizon produces a temperature at every point of space similar to how a black hole event horizon produces a radiation near its surface. If there exists a temperature, then there must be particles to produce that temperature. They must be baryons since normal matter could feel that temperature. So the question is how much entra matter is produced by the cosmic event horizon? I imagine it must be very small, but since it occupies all of otherwise empty space, its contribution might be considerable. Any thoughts?

Space news on Phys.org
Mike2 said:
I'm told that the cosmological event horizon produces a temperature at every point of space similar to how a black hole event horizon produces a radiation near its surface.
I have read this several times also, but I have never seen a formal derivation of this. The cosmological event horizon is very different from the Schwarzschild or Rindler horizons. I think that this result, if it is indeed and established one, will rise some problems of interpretation.

Mike2 said:
If there exists a temperature, then there must be particles to produce that temperature. They must be baryons since normal matter could feel that temperature.
Hawking and Unruh radiation involve all fields, boson as well as fermions.

Last edited:

Related to How does the cosmological event horizon change the matter density?

1. How does the cosmological event horizon affect the distribution of matter in the universe?

The cosmological event horizon is the maximum distance from which light can reach us since the beginning of the universe. This means that we can only observe matter within this horizon. As the universe expands, the event horizon also increases, making more matter observable. However, this also means that the matter density within the observable universe decreases over time.

2. What is the relationship between the cosmological event horizon and the expansion of the universe?

The cosmological event horizon is directly related to the expansion of the universe. As the universe expands, the event horizon also expands, allowing us to observe more matter. This expansion is a key factor in the changing matter density observed in the universe.

3. How does the cosmological event horizon impact our understanding of the early universe?

The cosmological event horizon plays a crucial role in our understanding of the early universe. Since we can only observe matter within this horizon, it limits our ability to study the conditions and properties of the universe before this point. However, by studying the matter within the event horizon, we can gain insights into the early universe and its evolution.

4. Does the cosmological event horizon have a direct impact on the matter density of the universe?

Yes, the cosmological event horizon does have a direct impact on the matter density of the universe. As the event horizon expands, the matter density within the observable universe decreases. This is due to the fact that the same amount of matter is spread out over a larger volume, resulting in a lower density overall.

5. Can the cosmological event horizon change over time?

Yes, the cosmological event horizon can change over time. As the universe continues to expand, the event horizon also expands, allowing us to observe more matter. This means that the matter density within the observable universe will continue to decrease over time.