How Can I Download and Unzip revtex4-1?

• Thread starter lavster
  • Start date
In summary, to download revtex-4-1 or revtex4, you can unzip the files using a program like WinZip or Easyzip, which can be found through a simple internet search. After unzipping all the files to the same directory, look for an .EXE file called "setup" and run it. Another option is to use the free and open source program, 7-Zip, which allows for easy compression and decompression of files, though keep in mind that some decompression programs may not support AES encryption.
lavster
hi,could someone please tell me how to download revtex-4-1 (or revtex4). I've downloaded the zip files but i don't no what to do after that

thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
have you read the FAQ on the revtex page?

I don't know that program, but generally, you would need to unzip the files. This can be done with any unzipper but a common one is WinZip. An old one was called PKUNZIP.

You find these at www.google.com.

A freeware one is Easyzip
http://www.thefreesite.com/easyzip111.htm
Seems to work OK.

Freeware means you can use it for free. Winzip costs money.

After you unzip all the files to the same directory, you look for an .EXE file called "setup", or something similar, and run it.

Last edited by a moderator:
vk6kro said:
Winzip costs money.

Simple winzip doesn't.

rootX said:
Simple winzip doesn't.

Even better Windows (at least XP) allows you to open up Zip files like directories and uncompress them as well. For compressing things, I've found that the open source and free 7-Zip is pretty good (a warning if you encrypt your zip files however: AES isn't supported by many decompression programs, nor by Windows)
http://www.7-zip.org

Last edited:

What is RevTeX4-1?

RevTeX4-1 is a document preparation system specifically designed for researchers in the field of physics and related sciences. It is developed and maintained by the American Physical Society (APS).

Where can I download RevTeX4-1?

You can download RevTeX4-1 from the APS website or from the CTAN (Comprehensive TeX Archive Network) repository.

Do I need any special software to use RevTeX4-1?

Yes, you will need a TeX distribution such as TeX Live, MiKTeX, or MacTeX, as well as a text editor or integrated development environment (IDE) that supports TeX formatting.

Can I use RevTeX4-1 with other document classes?

RevTeX4-1 is designed to be used as a document class on its own. However, you can import it as a package and use it with other document classes, but this may require some additional customization.

Are there any tutorials or guides for using RevTeX4-1?

Yes, the APS website provides a user manual and a guide for authors, as well as a FAQ section. There are also many online resources and forums where users share tips and tricks for using RevTeX4-1.