Current/Capacitor/voltage problem. .

• Thread starter violin_writer
  • Start date
In summary, the problem involves finding the current in Amps at t=7.5 seconds for an electronic circuit with a battery of 50 Volts, a resistor of 500 Ohms, and a capacitor of .015 Farads. The equation used is "E=Er+Ec" where E = 50 volts, Er = 500 ohms*(dq/dt), and Ec = Q/(.015 farads). The student is struggling with this problem and is seeking help to figure out where they went wrong and how to improve their approach. They are worried about failing this part of the test.
violin_writer

Homework Statement

So this is a problem my calculus professor made me do. I keep getting it wrong and I don't know why.

Prob. #5 For an electronic circuit having a battery of 50 Volts, a resistor of 500 Ohms and a capacitor of .015 Farads, find the current in Amps at t=7.5 seconds if a switch is closed at t=0.

Homework Equations

It uses the following equation "E=Er+Ec... Where
E = 50 volts.
Er= 500 ohms*(dq/dt)
Ec= Q/(.015 farads)

The Attempt at a Solution

The beginning and answer is in the first picture, I apologize if it's a little fuzzy or confusing. Basically I need you to tell what I'm doing wrong, point me in a better direction, or check and see if I'm even using the right equation. If you need me to explain my problem more please message me... ty. I'm freaking out over this one.

attachment.php?attachmentid=30520&stc=1&d=1291879289.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=30521&stc=1&d=1291879289.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=30522&stc=1&d=1291879289.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20101207_175026.jpg
    IMG_20101207_175026.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_20101207_175037.jpg
    IMG_20101207_175037.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 395
  • IMG_20101207_175052.jpg
    IMG_20101207_175052.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 394
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm about to get an F on this part of the test and I'm trying to avoid it. ![alt text][1][1]:

What is a current/capacitor/voltage problem?

A current/capacitor/voltage problem refers to an issue in an electrical circuit where the flow of electric current, the storage of electrical energy in a capacitor, or the potential difference between two points (voltage) is not functioning as expected or desired.

What causes a current/capacitor/voltage problem?

A current/capacitor/voltage problem can be caused by a variety of factors, such as faulty components, inadequate power supply, incorrect wiring, or excessive load on the circuit.

How can a current/capacitor/voltage problem be diagnosed?

To diagnose a current/capacitor/voltage problem, a multimeter or other testing equipment can be used to measure the current, capacitance, or voltage at various points in the circuit. Visual inspection of components can also help identify any obvious issues.

What are some common solutions for a current/capacitor/voltage problem?

The appropriate solution for a current/capacitor/voltage problem will depend on the specific issue that is causing it. Some common solutions may include replacing faulty components, adjusting the circuit's load, or correcting any wiring errors.

How can a current/capacitor/voltage problem be prevented?

To prevent a current/capacitor/voltage problem, it is important to properly design and install electrical circuits, use high-quality components, and regularly maintain and test the circuit. Following safety guidelines and regulations can also help prevent potential issues.