Looking for academic journal template - MS word

In summary, the conversation discusses the task of reformatting a paper for an academic conference and the need for a MS Word template that includes 2 columns and graphs. The individual also asks for advice on how to keep the title, subtitle, and author centered at the top and how to place graphs/images in the center of the page when using 2-column mode. A suggestion is made to use LaTeX instead of MS Word for more control and customization options, and a link to a submission guide is provided.
Hercuflea
Hi guys I am tasked with reformatting a paper for an academic conference and I would like a nice MS word template for academic journal articles (2-column, I have graphs as well.)

Can anyone enlighten me on how to have 2 columns for the paper, but basically keep the title/subtitle/author centered at the top. Also how do I place graphs/images in the center of the page when I have 2-column mode turned on?

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
IMHO, it's a good idea to use latex for this instead of MSword.

Try this

http://www.nature.com/srep/authors/submissions.html#submission

Also, I agree with the latex comment

1. What is an academic journal template and why do I need one?

An academic journal template is a pre-formatted document that provides a structure and layout for writing and formatting academic articles. It includes sections such as abstract, introduction, methods, results, discussion, and references. Using a template can save time and ensure that your article meets the specific formatting guidelines of your chosen journal.

2. Where can I find a academic journal template for MS word?

You can find academic journal templates for MS word on various websites such as Microsoft Office templates, academic journal websites, or university websites. You can also create your own template by following the formatting guidelines of your chosen journal.

3. Are there different templates for different academic fields?

Yes, there are templates available for various academic fields such as science, social sciences, humanities, and engineering. These templates may have slight variations in formatting to meet the specific requirements of each field.

4. Can I customize the template to fit my needs?

Yes, you can customize the template to fit your needs. You can change the font style, size, and spacing, as well as add or remove sections based on your article's requirements. Just make sure to follow the formatting guidelines of the journal you are submitting to.

5. Is it necessary to use a journal template?

While using a template is not mandatory, it is highly recommended to ensure that your article meets the formatting requirements of the journal. This can increase your chances of getting published and save you time and effort in formatting your article from scratch.