Troubleshooting PM Deletion: What am I Doing Wrong?

• Thread starter php111
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about someone having trouble deleting their PMs. They have tried selecting the messages and pressing "go to delete," but it is not working. Another person suggests posting screenshots, and eventually the issue is resolved.
php111
I can't delete my PM's. I tried selecting the ones I want to delete, and then at the bottom I press go to delete. No messages are selected. What am I doing wrong?

Physics news on Phys.org
php111 said:
I can't delete my PM's. I tried selecting the ones I want to delete, and then at the bottom I press go to delete. No messages are selected. What am I doing wrong?

Hmm. Don't know. In response to yoru post, I went into my Profile and deleted all of my InBox and OutBox posts. Worked 0kay.

Can you post some screenshots?

berkeman said:
Hmm. Don't know. In response to yoru post, I went into my Profile and deleted all of my InBox and OutBox posts. Worked 0kay.

Can you post some screenshots?

I got it.

Please answer my PM anyway. Also, lock it. It's solved. Thank you. See you in PM!

Related to Troubleshooting PM Deletion: What am I Doing Wrong?

1. Why am I unable to delete a PM from my device?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It is possible that the PM has already been deleted but is still visible due to a cache or syncing issue. Try refreshing your device or logging out and logging back in to see if the PM is still there.

2. How do I know if the PM has been successfully deleted?

After deleting a PM, you should see a confirmation message or notification that the PM has been deleted. If you do not see this, double-check to make sure the PM has actually been deleted and not just hidden or archived.

3. What should I do if I accidentally deleted a PM?

If you have accidentally deleted a PM, there may be a way to recover it. Check your device's trash or recycle bin to see if the PM is there. If not, you can try reaching out to the recipient to see if they still have a copy of the PM.

4. Can I delete a PM from someone else's device?

No, you cannot delete a PM from someone else's device. Each user has control over their own messages and can choose to delete them as they wish. If you have sent a PM to someone else and want it deleted, you will need to ask them to delete it on their own device.

5. Why am I having trouble deleting a PM from a group chat?

Deleting a PM from a group chat can be more complex than deleting a PM from a one-on-one conversation. Make sure you are the group admin or have the necessary permissions to delete messages in the group chat. If you are still having trouble, try deleting the entire group chat and starting a new one.