Need your help about this – monthly cycle

• Thread starter jhirlo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cycle
In summary, if you had unprotected sex within three days of your period, the possibility of getting pregnant is high. However, there is always a chance of getting pregnant at any time, and if you are not ready to have a child, you should see a doctor. There are several options available to you, including emergency contraception.
jhirlo
How big is possibility to get pregnant if you had unsafe intercourse on 3rd day after your period.
Please, please answer me!
Thank you !

Biology news on Phys.org
After the start of the period or end of the period? If 3 days from the end that's right in that range where the likelihood really increases (but there's always a chance any day, especially among stressed college students who aren't always as regular in their cycles). If this has only just happened, and pregnancy is something you or your girlfriend are not the least bit ready to deal with (in which case you shouldn't have had unprotected intercourse, but I'll leave that speech for later), have her call her gynecologist IMMEDIATELY. Emergency contraception is available if you don't wait too long, and her gynecologist can give her advice about that and a prescription for it.

I then recommend you both get tested for STDs before you keep going. If she doesn't mind, it would be good for you to go with her to the doctor (not for the exam itself, but to talk to the doctor together), and talk to the doctor together about what contraceptive options are best for you two and how to use it correctly. A lot of accidental pregnancies happen because people are not using their contraceptive method properly.

I'd have to agree with Moonbear.
1. what were you thinking, having unprotected intercourse: besides pregnancy you're risking sexually transmitted diseases.
2. you could risk pregnancy any day, not all women's cycles are similar. Generally a woman is fertile approximately 2 weeks before her next period. Sperm can survive several days in a woman's body; so if you had sex a few days before an egg is released, she can still get pregnant.

The best thing to do is visit your doctor, explain you're afraid for a pregnancy and the situation will be taken care of. There's medicine available that will prevent a fertilized egg from inplanting in the uterus, but it needs to be taken 1-2 days after the incident. Besides that there are other options.

Yesterday was HIV-awareness day, please know there's no cure for aids so be careful.

When I read the title of this thread I thought it was something different. It's been so long since I've had unprotected sex that I forgot that people used to worry about getting someone pregnant.
Back when I was with my ex-girlfriend her monthly cycle was cause for panic. I was amazed at how much a period can change some women. Growing up I never knew if my mom was on her period, and I didn't know any girls who's demeanor changed enough for me to notice, but that changed when I met my ex. Everything I knew about pms had come from listening to Roseanne Barr's stand-up, but she didn't even begin to describe the degree of change I saw in my ex. Everything I said, be it compliment, question, salutation, or death threat, everything was cause for a fight. On several occasions I saw her start a fight with the vacuum, often trying to wring its hose or bash it on the floor, other times simply a battle of words. Now I'm a sensitive guy, and I've read the mars/venus book, so I knew what I was supposed to do and I tried being sensitive and understanding her emotions and I didn't try to be logical (lol, I love how many relationship help books point out that men are logical/women emotional, sounds so condescending but can be true at times) but I couldn't do it. I tried to be nice and caring and not reply to her mean words with mean ones of my own, but it was impossible. She kicked me out of the house every single month I lived with her. I was homeless at least one night a month, every month for 2 years. I am sure my ex was an extreme case because she acted the same way to everyone once ruining her parents 65th wedding anniversary on a Caribbean Cruise by standing in the hallway screaming that she would f'in kill her sister. Anyway, the question I'm trying to get to is how much control does a woman have over her emotions, do any of you go through these extreme shifts in personality?

Cases that extreme aren't even called PMS, they are called premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD). That or possibly she was somewhat manic and manic episodes were affected by her hormone cycles.

The bigger question is...why did you stay with her so long?

cause I was waiting for you

What is a monthly cycle?

A monthly cycle refers to the regular pattern of hormonal changes that occur in a woman's body each month in preparation for pregnancy. It typically lasts 28 days, but can vary from person to person.

What are the stages of the monthly cycle?

The monthly cycle consists of four stages: menstruation, the follicular phase, ovulation, and the luteal phase. Menstruation is the shedding of the uterine lining, while the follicular phase is when the egg matures in the ovary. Ovulation is when the egg is released, and the luteal phase is when the uterus prepares for a potential pregnancy.

How does birth control affect the monthly cycle?

Birth control methods, such as hormonal contraceptives, can alter the hormones involved in the monthly cycle. This can prevent ovulation and therefore prevent pregnancy. Some forms of birth control can also regulate the monthly cycle and make it more predictable.

What are common symptoms of PMS?

PMS, or premenstrual syndrome, refers to a variety of physical and emotional symptoms that occur before a woman's period. These symptoms can include mood swings, bloating, breast tenderness, headaches, and fatigue. Not all women experience PMS, and symptoms can vary from person to person.

Can stress affect the monthly cycle?

Yes, stress can affect the monthly cycle by disrupting the delicate balance of hormones in the body. Chronic stress can lead to irregular or missed periods, as well as exacerbate symptoms of PMS. It is important to manage stress levels to maintain a healthy monthly cycle.