Register to reply

Non linear differential equation

by Terilien
Tags: differential, equation, linear
Share this thread:
Terilien
Jun8-07, 03:12 PM
P: 140
I can't type in latex so in this post d^2a is the secpnd derivative of a, while (da)^2 is the square of the derivative.

This equation arose from the G_thetatheta compinent of the einstein tensor. Iwas solving tfor the shcwarzchildmetric where where the cosmos constant is nonzero.

the equation is:

e^2a(d^2a +2(da)^2 +2/r(da))= L where L is the cosmological constantand r is the radial coordinate. Umm how do we solve this?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
NASA team lays plans to observe new worlds
IHEP in China has ambitions for Higgs factory
Spinach could lead to alternative energy more powerful than Popeye
ice109
Jun8-07, 08:07 PM
P: 1,705
Quote Quote by Terilien View Post
I can't type in latex so in this post d^2a is the secpnd derivative of a, while (da)^2 is the square of the derivative.

This equation arose from the G_thetatheta compinent of the einstein tensor. Iwas solving tfor the shcwarzchildmetric where where the cosmos constant is nonzero.

the equation is:

e^2a(d^2a +2(da)^2 +2/r(da))= L where L is the cosmological constantand r is the radial coordinate. Umm how do we solve this?
[tex] e^{2a}(da'' +2da^2 + \frac{2da}{r}) = L [/tex]

is that right?
Terilien
Jun8-07, 08:59 PM
Yes it is. can you helpme?

essentially I determined from G_tt and G_rr that b=-a just like with the ordinary metric. When I plugged it into the G_thetathata equation, it was still fairly ugly, and icouldnt find a solution by inspection. Non linears are annoying.

Matthew Rodman
Jun10-07, 08:18 PM
P: 66
Non linear differential equation

Is it not

[tex]a^{\prime \prime} + 2 a^{\prime 2} + \frac{2a}{r} = L e^{-2a}[/tex]

and, presumably the derivative is with respect to r, yes?
Terilien
Jun10-07, 08:43 PM
yes it is. It may be that. It is possible that I've made a small mistake in my calculations of miswrote someon paper. How do we solve that? Can it be done by inspection? non linearity scares me.

could someone help me solve it?

Register to reply