Finding reverse saturation current.

by DrMath
Tags: current, reverse, saturation
Share this thread:
DrMath
Nov10-09, 10:30 PM
P: 28
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Hi, I have a problem to find the reverse saturation current for a piece of diode.
I have a question - given conductivity, a I-V curve with forward bias information (a table of I vs V values), how can i proceed? I have other information abt the diode such as its mobility, and then it is made of silicon - other material info assume given.

Anyone can advise the approach? thanks.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
NASA team lays plans to observe new worlds
IHEP in China has ambitions for Higgs factory
Spinach could lead to alternative energy more powerful than Popeye
CEL
Nov11-09, 03:55 AM
P: 639
Quote Quote by DrMath View Post
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Hi, I have a problem to find the reverse saturation current for a piece of diode.
I have a question - given conductivity, a I-V curve with forward bias information (a table of I vs V values), how can i proceed? I have other information abt the diode such as its mobility, and then it is made of silicon - other material info assume given.

Anyone can advise the approach? thanks.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
Where is the relevant equation?
If your data are precise, substitute the values of one point of the curve (V-I) into the diode equation and obtain Is.
If your data are real, they should have measurement errors and you should use the diode equation in conjunction with a filter to obtain Is.
curiousguy23
Nov22-09, 10:56 AM
P: 10
Use the Shockley Diode equation, that should yield an answer.

Register to reply