Register to reply

Stupid me with a stupid question about Wireless internet

by AutisticAlien
Tags: skype, skype problem, wireless
Share this thread:
AutisticAlien
Aug24-10, 06:32 PM
P: 9
I hope this is the right place to post this...

I've been having trouble with Skype lately. I can't play online games (I've been struggling with League Of Legends lately) while I'm on skype. The problem is skype, and I assume this shouldn't be happening since I know people with less bandwith than my own and no problems like this at all. With skype alone I have no problems, nor with the game alone.

I suspect there's an issue with assigning priorities within the network, but I can't figure it out, and I don't know what to do. This is frustrating. I tried setting the startup type as 'manual' in the 'Wireless Zero Configuration' properties inside Computer Management (I read about it in a website) and it helped, but only for a match and a half. I also tried muting skype while playing (I mean muting my microphone, so I could still hear the rest of the players), so the connection would be a little less clogged, but it didn't work either.

This may not be such big of a deal, but it's definitely irritating, and it shouldn't be this way. I have a bandwith of 3MB and my router is a Scientific Atlanta brand. Should I just call the people who provide me with Internet service and ***** on them for a while or is there something I can do? Also, right now I have no other option than wireless, so I can't just set up a cable connection.

Thanks a lot!
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
World's largest solar boat on Greek prehistoric mission
Google searches hold key to future market crashes
Mineral magic? Common mineral capable of making and breaking bonds
Greg Bernhardt
Aug25-10, 05:34 PM
Admin
P: 9,328
Find out exactly what your DL and UL speeds are here
http://www.speedtest.net/

Register to reply