What is the fastest growing field in Engineering? other than bio

In summary, it is predicted that computer and civil engineering will be the next two fields after bioengineering in terms of rapid development and job opportunities. Software engineering is also expected to continue growing, while fields related to energy production and conservation, mechanical engineering, and infrastructure development will also see growth. It is advised to find an employer willing to support you through a degree in order to secure a job in the engineering field.
arpeggio
Will the computers keep developing (moore's law?) or will it stop eventually and a new field will come up? Is nanotechnology going to get better?

Engineering news on Phys.org
My guess is that Computer (due to the rapidly expanding technologies) and Civil Engineering (due to aging infrastructure and government support ) are the next 2 fields below the Bio field, in the near future. Just using my crystal ball.

Software engineering. End of story.

Behind Bio and medicine, anything relating to the production or conservation of energy is high on the list. Closely related to that is the environment, so we can consider the two together for the purposes of this discussion. That will generate a huge number of mechanical engineering jobs and the development of new mechanical technologies. We are already beginning to see some excellent innovations, some of which may become complete game changers.

Behind that, I'd have to agree with catching up on our old infrastructure. That will create many Civil Engineering jobs.

Supporting all of this will be those truly wonderful people who supply us with our engineering software.

I would guess you are looking for lifetime earnings, yes?

At present, mining engineering statistically pays better. Civil engineering is down at the moment, software engineering is up. Overall I honestly couldn't tell you which field of engineering to follow.

You obviously don't have a degree yet, so I'd be more interested in finding AN EMPLOYER that would be willing to employ you and put you through the degree, I'm currently a draftsperson that is being put through a Civil Engineering degree, so I'm guaranteed a job when I graduate. Alot of people can't say that.

Apply for jobs now, you don't need an engineering degree to get engineering jobs.

1. What is the fastest growing field in Engineering?

The fastest growing field in engineering is currently computer science and engineering. This field combines principles of computer science with traditional engineering principles to develop innovative solutions for a wide range of industries.

2. How has computer science and engineering grown so quickly?

The rapid growth of computer science and engineering can be attributed to the increasing demand for technology in various industries and the constant advancements in computer hardware and software. This field has also been able to adapt to changing needs and has a wide range of applications, leading to its popularity.

3. What are some examples of applications for computer science and engineering?

Computer science and engineering has a wide range of applications, including developing software for industries such as healthcare, finance, and transportation. It is also used in fields such as robotics, artificial intelligence, and virtual reality.

4. How does computer science and engineering differ from traditional engineering fields?

Computer science and engineering differs from traditional engineering fields in that it focuses more on the design and development of software and hardware systems, rather than physical structures or processes. It also incorporates principles of computer science, such as coding and algorithms, into the engineering process.

5. What skills are important for a career in computer science and engineering?

Some important skills for a career in computer science and engineering include strong problem-solving abilities, proficiency in programming languages, and the ability to work with complex systems. Communication and collaboration skills are also important, as this field often involves working in teams to develop solutions.