Zero lagrangian and induced gravitation

In summary, the conversation is about understanding the concept of "induced gravity" and finding a non-technical resource to learn more about it. The mention of a system with zero Lagrangian and its relationship to gravity is also discussed. The conversation ends with a question about the significance of a zero-lagrangian system and whether anything is missing from this understanding.
Sunfire
Hello,

Does anyone know what "induced gravity" is and where can one read (something not too technical) about it?

I am trying to understand how a system with zero Lagrangian has something to do with gravity.
Could someone explain perhaps?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
0 Lagrangian ? You might mean 0 Hamiltonian, which is a constrained system.

The text I read was brief... it only mentioned "zero Lagrangian (i.e. induced gravity)". I would have imagined this meant a system where T and V are equal. I am unsure what would be special in a such zero-lagrangian system. Then the action is zero too. One can't write the euler -lagrange equations either , because all terms are zero

or am I missing something?

Last edited:

Related to Zero lagrangian and induced gravitation

What is a Zero Lagrangian?

A Zero Lagrangian is a mathematical concept used in physics to describe a system that has no potential energy. It is often used in the study of gravitation and other forces and can help simplify calculations and equations.

How does a Zero Lagrangian relate to induced gravitation?

A Zero Lagrangian is used in the theory of induced gravitation, also known as induced gravity. This theory suggests that the force of gravity is not a fundamental force, but rather a result of the geometry of space-time. The Zero Lagrangian helps to explain this relationship between gravity and space-time.

What is the significance of induced gravitation?

Induced gravitation is significant because it offers a different explanation for the force of gravity than traditional theories, such as Einstein's theory of general relativity. It also helps to unify the forces of electromagnetism and gravity, which have long been considered separate forces.

How is induced gravitation being studied and tested?

Induced gravitation is being studied and tested through various experiments and observations, such as the detection of gravitational waves and the study of the cosmic microwave background radiation. Scientists are also using mathematical models and simulations to better understand and test the theory.

Are there any potential implications of the theory of induced gravitation?

Yes, there are potential implications of the theory of induced gravitation. If the theory is proven to be correct, it could lead to a better understanding of the universe and potentially open up new avenues for technological advancements. It could also challenge our current understanding of gravity and space-time, leading to further research and discoveries in the field of physics.