2015 Member Award Ceremony

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the members of Physics Forums have celebrated another incredible year and honored their outstanding contributors with various awards. These winners are recognized for their exceptional contributions and the warm, lively community they have helped to create. Thanks were given to the moderators and founders of PF for maintaining this valuable platform for learning and sharing science. Congratulations to all the winners and a special thanks to the Insight authors for enhancing the site.
Happy New Year! It's been another incredible 365 days on PF!

Congrats to all who were nominated as it's a true honor. It should be remembered each voting list could easily have been three times as long. We have an amazing core of members here at PF.

Thanks all who participated in the voting and discussion!

Now for a special congratulations to the popular vote winners! Winners will receive a special badge which will last the year.

Hall of Legends Award
@marcus

Physics Award
@bhobba

Homework Help Award
@SteamKing
@BvU

Mathematics Award
@mathwonk

Astro/Cosmo Award
@Chronos

Engineering Award
@sophiecentaur

Other Science Award
@Ygggdrasil

Guidance Counselor Award
@Vanadium 50

Newcomer Award
@blue_leaf77

Best Insight Award
@bapowell

Insight Writer Award
@mfb

Community Spirit Award
@Borg

Best Humor Award
@davenn

https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/2015-pf-member-award-voting.249/

Last edited:
Likes Amrator, Fuinne, yeshuamo and 11 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
We have an amazing core of members here at PF.
You got that right. :approve:

Congratulations winners. :bow:

Likes RaulTheUCSCSlug and bhobba
Congrats to all!

Likes Uranic_Wabbit and RaulTheUCSCSlug
Congratulations and thanks to those (Greg and friends) who built PF and keep it running so well. It's an exceptionally warm lively community for learning and sharing all kinds of science---having watched PF over the years I have to say the obvious: it's an amazing success! Want to express special appreciation to Insight authors (e.g. Mfb and Brian Powell to name just two of many) who made the Insight feature a valuable new dimension to the site.

Likes Uranic_Wabbit, RaulTheUCSCSlug, bapowell and 8 others
Congratulations!

Congrats to all of the nominees and winners. You truly help to make the PF a very special place. :biggrin:

Likes marcus, PWiz and gracy
Congratulations to all award winners! Indeed, it's a great place, which gives me a lot to learn and also to think. Thanks also to all the mentors who do such a great job in moderating the forums!

Likes marcus, davenn, PWiz and 1 other person
sincere thanks for the award. and thanks especially to Greg for creating this thoughtful recognition for members. happy new year!

Congratulations!

Than you so much for the award. Thanks to those who voted for me and, of course, to Greg and the Mods who make it all happen.
I am hoping to avoid the award for the grumpiest SA next year - I will try to be more positive and helpful and avoid the gut reaction to some of the hilarious questions and comments that I have read. I must start my replies with "Now that's very interesting . . . ."
I know who I shall be voting for next year. [Edit: I misplaced that sentence but, on second thoughts, I will let it stand where it is]

Likes berkeman
Congratulations! :D

Likes sophiecentaur
Congratulations to all winners, and @mathwonk in particular for winning the mathematics award!

Congratulations to all the winners! This forum just wouldn't be the same without your contributions :smile:

(Now I can retain my license for making silly errors!)

One year ago, I came here merely in order to ask certain problem I encounter in the middle of self-study with no intention at all of becoming an active member to the extent of obtaining three official recognitions after one year. As I came here again a few weeks later I realized that some of the posted questions were actually within the scope of my knowledge, tried to answer them, got positive response, and became more and more addicted to write answers. Eventually, answering problems has helped me prop up faster in my self-studies.
So, thanks to those who voted for me, and the mentors for the support. Congratulations to the other winners as well!

Likes PWiz, 1oldman2, mfb and 4 others
WoooHoooo ... congratulations to all the winners
Thanks Greg for an awesome place to call home
Thankyou everyone for the votes :smile:
I am looking forward to another 12 months of helping people where I can with the physics questions
and bringing smiles to peoples faces

cheers
Dave

Likes 1oldman2, sophiecentaur and berkeman
Congratulations winners!

Likes sophiecentaur
Oh wow, I didn't expect that. Thanks :).

@Greg Bernhardt: "Results are only viewable after voting" - as we cannot vote any more, can you make the results visible to everyone? I didn't vote for the insights polls but I would be interested in the results.

sophiecentaur said:
I am hoping to avoid the award for the grumpiest SA next year
Don't worry, 2015 award winners are not listed for 2016 awards.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
mfb said:
Don't worry, 2015 award winners are not listed for 2016 awards.
Except the hall of legends award. :)
Congratulations on your 2016 nomination ;)

Congratulations...

This is awesome! With so many excellent Insights articles, it is an absolute honor to be granted this award. Thanks to Greg and all those who voted and read my posts! Incidentally, this will help motivate me to finally finish the next installment in my Poor Man's CMB Primer... :wink:

Likes Greg Bernhardt and davenn
Thanks for the award and congratulations to the other winners. A special thanks to the biologists, chemists, and others who contribute to our "other sciences" community here. Despite its focus on math and physics, PF has always had some of the best biology discussion forums on the web.

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Congratulations to all the winners!
Andof course to the participants, voters, mentors, members, a hearty dose of heaping praise for keeping PF alive and well.

Likes davenn and Greg Bernhardt
Congratulations to all winners!

Likes davenn

1. What is the purpose of the 2015 Member Award Ceremony?

The 2015 Member Award Ceremony is held to recognize and honor the achievements and contributions of members in the scientific community.

2. Who is eligible to attend the 2015 Member Award Ceremony?

The 2015 Member Award Ceremony is open to all members of the scientific community who have been nominated and selected for an award.

3. How are recipients of awards chosen for the 2015 Member Award Ceremony?

Recipients of awards for the 2015 Member Award Ceremony are chosen through a nomination and selection process by a committee of fellow scientists and experts in the field.

4. When and where will the 2015 Member Award Ceremony take place?

The 2015 Member Award Ceremony will take place on [insert date] at [insert location]. More specific details will be provided closer to the event date.

5. Can non-members attend the 2015 Member Award Ceremony?

The 2015 Member Award Ceremony is primarily for members of the scientific community, but non-members may also attend as guests of award recipients.