A Math contest at my university

In summary, there is a math contest on calculus at a university and the participants are wishing each other luck. The contest only covers freshmen mathematics and the winner may have the opportunity to participate in global contests. One participant has already qualified for the next stage. The conversation also includes discussions about the participant's profile picture and future opportunities for the contest. However, one participant realizes that learning new things is more interesting than becoming a machine for competitions.
alyafey22
Gold Member
MHB
We are having a math contest on calculus at our university, hope me the best luck :D

Physics news on Phys.org
Re: a Math contest at my university

ZaidAlyafey said:
We are having a math contest on calculus at our university, hope me the best luck :D
Great that you are having such contests. Best of luck!

Good luck!
Will you let us know what the result is?

Good luck, my friend! I know you will do well! (Yes)

It is a great opportunity for me because the winners will be able to participate in global contests ...

Does the contest cover all areas of undergraduate university mathematics?

MarkFL said:
Does the contest cover all areas of undergraduate university mathematics?

No, just freshmen mathematics, for instance , differentiation ,limits , continuity and integration.

I like Serena said:
Good luck!

I have qualified to the next stage which will take place after 10 hours.

Congrats! :D

And to repeat myself...

Good luck!

ZaidAlyafey said:

Congratulations, Zaid! That's great news!

ZaidAlyafey said:
Gratz! May the force be with you!
Regards,

Petrus said:
Regards,

I've been puzzling about your "Regards,".
To be consistent with chisigma's $\chi$ $\sigma$, it should be followed by something like $\pi$ $\tau$, which is rather appropriate I guess. ;)

I like Serena said:
I've been puzzling about your "Regards,".
To be consistent with chisigma's $\chi$ $\sigma$, it should be followed by something like $\pi$ $\tau$, which is rather appropriate I guess. ;)
haha:P I need to find something cooler :P I can't just change it, that's why I don't got anything right now;) You maybe should check this http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Math-85457717 as well(Rofl)

Regards,

Last edited:

Petrus said:
haha:P I need to find something cooler :P I can't just change it, that's why I don't got anything right now;) You maybe should check this http://browse.deviantart.com/art/Math-85457717 as well(Rofl)

Regards,

That's just... wait!

I didn't make . It all went wrong during the second stage :(

Hey Zaid,

I am sorry to hear this, but I know from experience that sometimes these competitions don't go our way. I hope you found the experience enriching! (Cool)

ZaidAlyafey said:
I didn't make . It all went wrong during the second stage :(

That's a pity.
Will there be another opportunity?

I like Serena said:
That's a pity.
Will there be another opportunity?

Maybe the next semester .

ZaidAlyafey said:
Maybe the next semester .

Aha!
Will you be training for it?

I like Serena said:
Aha!
Will you be training for it?

No , I wouldn't spend my life training for competitions . I prefer to learn new interesting things. I realized that learning new things is by far more interesting than becoming a machine to compute things .

ZaidAlyafey said:
No , I wouldn't spend my life training for competitions . I prefer to learn new interesting things. I realized that learning new things is by far more interesting than becoming a machine to compute things .

No doubt about it.

1. What is a math contest at my university?

A math contest at your university is a competition where students can demonstrate their mathematical skills and knowledge by solving challenging problems. It is usually open to all students and can be a great opportunity to showcase your abilities and potentially win prizes.

2. Who can participate in a math contest at my university?

Typically, any student enrolled at the university can participate in a math contest. Some universities may have specific eligibility requirements, such as minimum GPA or enrollment in a certain math course. It is best to check with the organizers of the contest for specific eligibility criteria.

3. How do I register for a math contest at my university?

Registration details for a math contest at your university will usually be announced through email or posted on the university's website. You may need to fill out a registration form or simply show up on the day of the contest. It is important to register early to secure your spot in the competition.

4. What types of math problems will be included in a university math contest?

The types of math problems in a university math contest can vary, but they will typically cover a range of topics such as algebra, geometry, calculus, and statistics. They may also include more advanced or abstract concepts to challenge participants' critical thinking and problem-solving skills.

5. Are there any resources or study materials available for a university math contest?

Yes, many universities will offer resources and study materials to help students prepare for a math contest. This may include practice problems, study guides, or workshops. It is also a good idea to review your class notes and textbooks to refresh your understanding of key concepts.