A physics PhD students addicted to Computational Languages

In summary, a physics PhD student has developed an addiction to computational languages. This addiction has resulted in the student spending most of their time on computers, coding and analyzing data. While this addiction has helped the student make progress in their research and publications, it has also led to neglect of physical health and social life. The student must find a balance between their addiction and maintaining a healthy and well-rounded lifestyle.
DannyLouis888
How did you find PF?
Google search
I am a 4th-yesr PhD student in Theoretical Particle Physics. My work frequently involves computational stuff so I feel like addicted to developing and using computational techniques for solving physics problems. I am aimed at some topics involving computers for my postdoc. My current project, some higher order calculation in particle physics, is not interesting enough in my opinion. TBH, they are hard to publish. I would like to find something in physics less theoretical and abstract in the future.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, Danny. Hopefully you get some good replies to your thread in the Academic Advising forum. :smile:

Likes DannyLouis888