About internships related to quantum information science

In summary, the speaker is an undergraduate student studying electronics and communication in her third year. She has been trying to obtain internships in the field of quantum information to gain more exposure and has an idea to harness quantum entanglement into a device. While her university professors praised the idea, she has had difficulty getting a response from laboratory professors, who cite lack of sponsors for international students. She is asking for recommendations of labs or companies that offer internships in quantum entanglement and whether she should focus on publishing her idea to be taken seriously. The speaker also mentions a sub-site on internships for students at different levels and suggests writing down ideas and sending them in a sealed envelope to protect them as one's own.
Richa Sharma
Hi, guys, I am an undergraduate pursuing electronics and communication in her 3rd year. For last few months, I have been trying to obtain internships in the field of quantum information so that I could have more exposure to it. I am already pursuing the subject learning it in bits by bits and doing a project under my university professor. I have been struck with an idea of harnessing quantum entanglement into a device. To the professors, I mentioned that idea they praised it - meaning it is not unrealistic and naive. But when I tried to explain laboratory professors about it I wasn't getting much of a response. Most of them respond saying there aren't enough sponsors for international students. I don't think they even consider this.
Well, my question is what are the labs working in the quantum entanglement that allow undergraduate interns like me. Or are there some companies working in the related field.( I know it is much harder to get an internship in a company than at a lab. )
And should you focus more on publishing the mechanism you are working on in order for them to take you seriously, If yes please guide me on this considering I am a beginner.
Any help is appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
Chegg.com has a sub-site on internships for students at different levels: internships.com . You my want to write down on your ideas, send them to yourself in a sealed envelope (without opening it ) so you can argue the ideas are yours. You may not be able to start working precisely on your idea right away, but maybe you can get an internship and get a foot in the door. Good luck!

1. What is quantum information science?

Quantum information science is a field of study that combines principles from quantum mechanics, computer science, and information theory to understand and manipulate information at the quantum level. It involves the study of how quantum systems can store, process, and transmit information, as well as the development of quantum technologies for computing and communication.

2. What are internships related to quantum information science?

Internships related to quantum information science provide hands-on experience in a research or industry setting where individuals can apply their knowledge of quantum information science to real-world problems. These internships can involve working with cutting-edge technologies, conducting experiments, or developing algorithms and software for quantum computing.

3. What skills are required for internships in quantum information science?

Some of the key skills required for internships in quantum information science include a strong foundation in mathematics and physics, programming skills, and the ability to think critically and creatively. Knowledge of quantum mechanics, computer science, and information theory is also beneficial.

4. How can I find internships in quantum information science?

There are several ways to find internships in quantum information science. You can search for internships on job websites, check with your university's career center, or reach out to companies and research institutions directly. Networking and attending conferences and workshops in the field can also help you discover internship opportunities.

5. What are the benefits of interning in quantum information science?

Interning in quantum information science can provide valuable hands-on experience in a rapidly growing field. It can also help individuals develop technical skills, gain exposure to cutting-edge technologies, and make connections with professionals in the field. Additionally, internships can often lead to full-time job opportunities in the industry or academia.