AC current / volatge with a mosfet in Ltspice

In summary, the conversation is about troubleshooting a Voltage Multiplier Simulation in Ltspice. The first transformer is working correctly, but the second one is not. The person has attempted to create AC current with a mosfet, but it is not working. They are seeking tips on how to properly create AC current with a mosfet in Ltspice. They also question the placement of the transformer and switch in the circuit.
ernd59
Hi,
my Voltage Multiplier Simulation does not work properly the first transformer is working just fine, the second one does not really seems to work, for the second transformer i tried to creat AC current with a mosfet, but i think I am doing it wrong :/, can you give me some tips how to creat AC current with a mosfet in Ltspice.

Attachments

• sim.asc.txt
    10.1 KB · Views: 603
  • sim2.PNG
    sim2.PNG
    29.6 KB · Views: 480
Engineering news on Phys.org
ernd59 said:
Hi,
my Voltage Multiplier Simulation does not work properly the first transformer is working just fine, the second one does not really seems to work, for the second transformer i tried to creat AC current with a mosfet, but i think I am doing it wrong :/, can you give me some tips how to creat AC current with a mosfet in Ltspice.
Is there a reason that you have the transformer and switch there in the middle, instead of continuing the multiplier ladder?

1. What is a MOSFET and how does it work?

A MOSFET (Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor) is a type of transistor used to control the flow of current in a circuit. It has three terminals: source, drain, and gate. The gate terminal is used to control the flow of current between the source and drain terminals by applying a voltage. When a voltage is applied to the gate, it creates an electric field that allows or blocks the flow of current.

2. How does a MOSFET affect AC current and voltage in a circuit?

A MOSFET can be used as a switch in a circuit, allowing or blocking the flow of AC current and voltage. By controlling the voltage applied to the gate terminal, the MOSFET can be turned on or off, thereby controlling the flow of AC current and voltage in the circuit.

3. What is the role of a MOSFET in Ltspice simulations?

In Ltspice simulations, MOSFETs are used to model the behavior of real-life MOSFETs in a circuit. By using MOSFET models and specifying their parameters, it is possible to accurately simulate the effects of MOSFETs on AC current and voltage in a circuit.

4. How do I add a MOSFET to a circuit in Ltspice?

To add a MOSFET to a circuit in Ltspice, you need to use the "M" component from the component library. Once you have added the MOSFET to your circuit, you can specify its model and parameters by right-clicking on the component and selecting "Edit" from the drop-down menu.

5. What are some common mistakes to avoid when simulating AC current and voltage with a MOSFET in Ltspice?

Some common mistakes to avoid when simulating AC current and voltage with a MOSFET in Ltspice include not properly specifying the MOSFET model and parameters, not connecting the MOSFET correctly in the circuit, and not providing the correct voltage levels at the gate terminal. It is also important to ensure that the MOSFET is being used within its specified limits to avoid inaccurate results.