Advice for a Self-Studying AP Physics 1/2 Student?

In summary, the conversation is about a person who is self-studying for AP Physics 1 and 2 and is looking for advice and resources from AP Physics alumni or teachers. They are concerned about not having a specific teacher and potentially missing important information. The person also shares a link to the AP Physics 1 and 2 course syllabus for reference.
SynonymousPseudonym
Hi! Feel free to yell at me if this is the wrong forum; I'm a little new at this.

I'm self-studying AP Physics 1 and 2 this year, and so far it's going quite well! My only fear is that, because I don't have a specific AP Physics teacher, there may be something really important about the test/subject/etc. that goes right over my head!

So, to any AP Physics alumni/teachers out there: Do you have any advice for someone in my situation? Any resources/tips that could be helpful, etc.?

Please and thank you!

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What are the best study resources for self-studying AP Physics 1/2?

Some popular study resources for self-studying AP Physics 1/2 include textbooks, online videos and lectures, practice exams, and study guides. It is important to find resources that align with the specific topics and concepts covered in the AP Physics 1/2 curriculum.

2. How should I structure my study schedule?

Creating a study schedule that works for you is crucial for self-studying AP Physics 1/2. It is recommended to break down the topics into smaller chunks and set aside specific time slots for each one. It is also important to incorporate regular review sessions and practice questions into your schedule.

3. What is the best way to approach problem-solving in AP Physics 1/2?

The best approach to problem-solving in AP Physics 1/2 is to first understand the concepts and formulas involved. Then, carefully read and analyze the problem, identify what is given and what is being asked, and determine the appropriate formula to use. Finally, plug in the given values and solve for the unknown.

4. How can I effectively prepare for the AP Physics 1/2 exam?

In addition to studying and practicing regularly, it is important to familiarize yourself with the format and structure of the AP Physics 1/2 exam. Taking practice exams and timing yourself can also help you prepare for the time constraints on the actual exam. Additionally, seeking feedback and guidance from a teacher or tutor can be beneficial.

5. What are some tips for staying motivated while self-studying AP Physics 1/2?

Self-studying can be challenging, but staying motivated is key. Some tips for staying motivated include setting achievable goals, rewarding yourself for completing tasks, finding a study partner or group, and reminding yourself of the benefits of studying and doing well on the exam. It is also important to take breaks and not overwork yourself.