Age of Universe in Planck normalized units

In summary, Planck normalized units are a system of natural units based on fundamental physical constants. The age of the universe in these units is approximately 1.4 x 10^61 Planck time units, equivalent to 13.8 billion years. Expressing the age of the universe in these units allows for a more precise and consistent measurement. It is also consistent with the time frame of the Big Bang theory and serves as a useful tool for studying the origins of the universe. The age of the universe in Planck normalized units is a constant value that does not change, but may be refined in the future as our understanding of fundamental constants and physical laws evolves.
Filipe Salles
Hello, I've a problem.

I need to find the age of universe in normalized Planck units. In my case, I'm using Planck mass = 1 and:

##H = 1.18 × 10^{-61} \times t_P^{- 1}##

With these values, how can I find the age of the universe?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Space news on Phys.org
Google for "age of universe", then for "Planck time". That will get you two numbers, and from there it's just a bit of arithmetic.

Related to Age of Universe in Planck normalized units

1. What are Planck normalized units?

Planck normalized units are a system of natural units that are based on fundamental physical constants, such as the speed of light, gravitational constant, and Planck's constant. These units are used to express physical quantities in a way that eliminates the need for arbitrary conversions and makes calculations simpler.

2. How old is the universe in Planck normalized units?

The age of the universe in Planck normalized units is approximately 1.4 x 10^61 Planck time units. This is equivalent to about 13.8 billion years in traditional units.

3. Why is the age of the universe expressed in Planck normalized units?

Expressing the age of the universe in Planck normalized units allows for a more precise and consistent measurement. Since these units are based on fundamental constants, they provide a universal standard that is not dependent on any particular system of measurement.

4. How does the age of the universe in Planck normalized units relate to the Big Bang theory?

The age of the universe in Planck normalized units is consistent with the time frame of the Big Bang theory, which states that the universe began approximately 13.8 billion years ago. This shows that the Planck time scale is a useful tool for studying the origins of the universe.

5. Can the age of the universe in Planck normalized units change?

No, the age of the universe in Planck normalized units is a constant value that does not change. However, as our understanding of fundamental constants and physical laws continues to evolve, the precise value of this unit may be refined in the future.