Alternating current peak value

In summary, the peak values of current through an inductor, capacitor, and resistor in a parallel AC circuit are 2mA, 3mA, and 5mA respectively. To determine the peak value of current delivered by the source, we can use the equations i (R) = V/R, i (L) = V/wL, and i (C) = VwC. After finding the values for R, wL, and wC, we can also consider the phase relationships between the given currents and use the resistor current as a reference. By understanding the phase relationships, we can correctly calculate the peak value of current delivered by the source. It is important to check for any calculation errors and consider all options before
erisedk

Homework Statement

If the peak values of current through inductor (L), capacitor (C) and resistor (R) in parallel AC circuit are 2mA, 3mA, and 5mA respectively, then the peak value of current delivered by the source in the same circuit will be

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

i (R) = V/R or i (L) = V/wL or i (C) = VwC
Using this, I found out R, wL and wC.
Next, I found admittance.
But the answer wasn't in any of the options.
I don't know what to do next.

Physics news on Phys.org
Consider the phase relationships between the given currents. Taking the resistor current as reference, does the inductor current lead or lag? By what angle? How about the capacitor current?

I was actually doing it right, just entering a number wrong repeatedly into my calculator.
gneill said:
Consider the phase relationships between the given currents. Taking the resistor current as reference, does the inductor current lead or lag? By what angle? How about the capacitor current?
Yeah, I did.
Thank you very much.

1. What is the definition of alternating current peak value?

The alternating current peak value is the maximum value that an alternating current can reach during one cycle of its waveform.

2. How is the peak value of alternating current calculated?

The peak value of alternating current can be calculated by multiplying the peak-to-peak voltage by 0.707, which is the RMS (root mean square) value of the AC waveform.

3. What is the significance of alternating current peak value?

The peak value of alternating current is important because it determines the maximum voltage that electrical components and systems must be able to handle.

4. How does alternating current peak value differ from direct current voltage?

The peak value of alternating current is constantly changing, while the voltage of direct current remains constant. Additionally, the peak value of alternating current is generally higher than the voltage of direct current.

5. How is alternating current peak value measured?

The peak value of alternating current can be measured using a voltmeter that is specifically designed for AC measurements. It can also be calculated using mathematical formulas and oscilloscopes.