What Are Suitable Alternatives for 4-Leg and 5-Leg Ronway Relay Switches?

In summary, the two relays are different. One is SPDT, and needs all 5 terminals on the package. The other is lower cost SPST, so it is missing a pair of internal contacts and the pin that is not needed.
carlos468
TL;DR Summary
alternative
hi can anyone here recommend an alternative relay switch x2 one has 5 legs one has 4
im not able to find any the same :(
and the ones I've looked at all have 5 legs
the diffrece is Ronway RWG1-DC12V-HS
and Ronway RWG1-DC12V-ZS
img_20200821_110232.jpg

Any help is appreciated :) hs and zs is the only diffrence i can see but no idea of the diffrence just the 5 leg and 4 legs.

Engineering news on Phys.org
The 5 pin relay is standard.
If you don't need change-over contacts, cut off the leg you do not need.

Likes Windadct, DaveE and berkeman
ok thankyou the bit that stumped me a little is the
15A 125VAC
10A 250VAC
10A 30VDC
non of what i find has the 10A 30VDC

cool thankyou but are these not two diffrent relays as one ends in ZS and the other in hS (HS being the four legged one) that's what made me think they are not the same ?

carlos468 said:
cool thankyou but are these not two diffrent relays as one ends in ZS and the other in hS (HS being the four legged one) that's what made me think they are not the same ?
The relays are different. One is SPDT, and needs all 5 terminals on the package.

The other is lower cost SPST, so it is missing a pair of internal contacts and the pin that is not needed.

Likes berkeman
carlos468 said:
Summary:: alternative

hi can anyone here recommend an alternative relay switch x2 one has 5 legs one has 4
im not able to find any the same :(
and the ones I've looked at all have 5 legs
the diffrece is Ronway RWG1-DC12V-HS
and Ronway RWG1-DC12V-ZSView attachment 268096
Any help is appreciated :) hs and zs is the only diffrence i can see but no idea of the diffrence just the 5 leg and 4 legs.
Do you have, by any chance, a manual for that board? I’m trying to configure a very similar one

1. What is an alternative relay switch?

An alternative relay switch, also known as a solid state relay, is an electronic switching device that uses semiconductor components instead of mechanical contacts to control the flow of electricity. It is commonly used in industrial and automotive applications.

2. How does an alternative relay switch work?

An alternative relay switch works by using a small control signal, such as a low voltage DC current, to switch a larger load current on and off. This is achieved through the use of an optocoupler, which isolates the control signal from the load circuit, and a triac or thyristor, which acts as the switching element.

3. What are the advantages of using an alternative relay switch?

There are several advantages of using an alternative relay switch, including faster switching speeds, longer lifespan, and higher reliability compared to traditional electromechanical relays. They also have no moving parts, making them less susceptible to wear and tear, and are less affected by environmental factors such as shock and vibration.

4. What are the potential drawbacks of using an alternative relay switch?

One potential drawback of using an alternative relay switch is the higher cost compared to traditional relays. They also have a limited ability to handle high current and voltage levels, so they may not be suitable for all applications. Additionally, some alternative relay switches may require additional heat sinks or cooling systems to dissipate excess heat.

5. What are some common uses for alternative relay switches?

Alternative relay switches are commonly used in a wide range of industrial and automotive applications, including motor control, lighting control, power supplies, and heating and cooling systems. They are also often used in electronic devices such as computers, printers, and audio equipment.