An exercise about chemical equilibrium

In summary, chemical equilibrium is a state where the forward and reverse reactions of a chemical reaction occur at the same rate, resulting in no net change in reactant and product concentrations. It is important because it allows for prediction and control of reactions and optimization of reaction conditions. Chemical equilibrium is achieved when reactant and product concentrations reach a balance, influenced by factors like temperature, pressure, and concentrations. Le Chatelier's principle states that a system in equilibrium will shift to minimize the impact of a stress, such as a change in temperature or pressure. Chemical equilibrium is relevant in industries like pharmaceuticals and agriculture, as well as in environmental processes and the development of sustainable energy sources.
samy4408
Homework Statement
my answer is an image in the post
Relevant Equations
no particular equations
Hello i am trying to solve a problem set about chemical equilibrium , the issue is that my results don't correspond to the correction . can someone tell me what is wrong with my answer , thanks
here is the problem and his correction :
1649722814871.png

here is my answer :
1649722980746.png

Physics news on Phys.org
It seems that you forgot to exponentiate the concentration of mols, that is:

$$ k = \frac{[NO]^2[Br_2]}{[NOBr]^2} $$

Likes samy4408 and DrClaude
that^^^

Strange that the question lists NO as a solid. That would mean temperature below -164°C, at the same time NOBr boils at 15°C, so it would be solid as well. Doesn't make much sense.

1. What is chemical equilibrium?

Chemical equilibrium is a state in a chemical reaction where the concentrations of reactants and products remain constant over time. This means that the forward and reverse reactions are occurring at the same rate, resulting in no net change in the overall concentration of substances involved.

2. How is chemical equilibrium achieved?

Chemical equilibrium is achieved when the rate of the forward reaction is equal to the rate of the reverse reaction. This can be achieved by changing the temperature, pressure, or concentrations of reactants and products in the reaction.

3. What factors affect chemical equilibrium?

The factors that affect chemical equilibrium include temperature, pressure, and concentrations of reactants and products. Changes in these factors can shift the equilibrium position, resulting in changes in the concentrations of substances involved in the reaction.

4. How can you calculate the equilibrium constant?

The equilibrium constant, also known as Keq, can be calculated by taking the ratio of the concentrations of products to reactants at equilibrium. It is a measure of the extent of the reaction and is dependent on the temperature at which the reaction is taking place.

5. How can you predict the direction of a reaction at equilibrium?

The direction of a reaction at equilibrium can be predicted by using Le Chatelier's principle. This principle states that if a stress is applied to a system at equilibrium, the system will shift in a direction that reduces the stress. This means that if the concentration of a reactant or product is increased, the reaction will shift in the opposite direction to reduce the concentration. The same applies for changes in temperature or pressure.