An issue with these two curved beam homework problems

In summary, The speaker is seeking help with two homework problems involving calculating stress at points A and B on curved beams. They believe their procedure is correct but their results are different from the teacher's. They are having trouble seeing the pictures of the calculations and ask for them to be recreated. The first problem does not have a load and the second problem has a 5KN load.
Noob of the Maths
Homework Statement
Curved beams
Relevant Equations
P/A-M(R-rA)/ArAe
Hi, good evening/morning/night!

I have a problem with this 2 homework problems about curved beams.

In both I must calculate the stress at points A and B.

My procedure is correct, but for some reason in:

First problem - the effort in A is very close to that of the teacher, but the effort in B is very different.

C3.png

Second problem - In both efforts I am close to the teacher's results, but they are quite different.

R.png

I don't think I'm too far away, but I must be doing something wrong somewhere and I can't figure out where.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Attachments

• C.png
    C.png
    55.7 KB · Views: 73
  • CE2.png
    CE2.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
The pictures of your calculations are barely visible.
Could you please recreate the text of both problems?
I can’t see any load on the second one.
Sorry

Likes Chestermiller
Lnewqban said:
The pictures of your calculations are barely visible.
Could you please recreate the text of both problems?
I can’t see any load on the second one.
Sorry
I am very sorry, they have already been corrected in the main text.

In the first problem it does not have a load, so the "P/A" is omitted from the formula.
In the second it is 5KN the load

1. What is the purpose of these two curved beam homework problems?

The purpose of these two curved beam homework problems is to test your understanding of curved beam mechanics and your ability to apply mathematical concepts to real-world scenarios.

2. What are the main challenges in solving these two curved beam homework problems?

The main challenges in solving these two curved beam homework problems are understanding the geometry of the curved beam, determining the correct boundary conditions, and using the appropriate equations and techniques to solve for the desired parameters.

3. Are there any common mistakes that students make when solving these two curved beam homework problems?

Yes, some common mistakes include using incorrect equations or assumptions, not considering all the forces and moments acting on the curved beam, and not properly setting up the boundary conditions.

4. How can I improve my problem-solving skills for these two curved beam homework problems?

To improve your problem-solving skills for these two curved beam homework problems, it is important to thoroughly understand the concepts and equations involved, practice solving similar problems, and seek help from your professor or classmates if you encounter difficulties.

5. Can I use software or calculators to solve these two curved beam homework problems?

Yes, you can use software or calculators to assist you in solving these two curved beam homework problems. However, it is important to understand the underlying concepts and equations and not rely solely on the technology to solve the problems.