Analyzing a Physics Paper: Seeking Clarity on the Validity

In summary, the conversation discusses a paper on the validity of Einstein's theory of relativity, which is deemed to be crank science and has been refuted multiple times. The link to the paper is provided but the conversation ends with a moderator closing the thread due to the topic being disallowed in the forum.
anantchowdhary
Please ,physics gurus analyse this paper and enlighten me about the validity of the paper.

Is the person correct.I can't tell as i don't know the mathematics involved

Physics news on Phys.org
What paper?

Errr..Sorry forgot the link

http://www.wbabin.net/ajay/einstein.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
anantchowdhary said:
Errr..Sorry forgot the link

http://www.wbabin.net/ajay/einstein.htm

This is a crank paper, has been refuted multiple times.

Last edited by a moderator:
i don't know how this person says that acceleration is not in direction of force
there fore angle HAS to be zero degrees

I know that there are many instances that one needs to figure out why such-and-such crackpottery is wrong, etc. I can definitely see how that can be worthwhile. However, and especially for those who have not been on here that long, we have tried that, and it didn't work. It is why, in our GUIDELINES, we have clearly disallowed such discussions in the main forums. There are simply an infinite number of crackpottery out there, and we will be doing nothing else other than debunking such things if we allow them in here.

So consider this as the LAST time a thread like this is allowed in here. Understand?

Zz.

nakurusil said:
This is a crank paper, has been refuted multiple times.
A crank paper published in a crank journal. Check out the list of papers!

Even better, check out the list of Misc. Rejections. They actually published the rejection letters their anti-relativity tripe received from real journals. Hilarious!

Thread closed.

Related to Analyzing a Physics Paper: Seeking Clarity on the Validity

1. How do you determine the validity of a physics paper?

The validity of a physics paper can be determined by critically examining the methodology, data, and conclusions presented in the paper. This includes checking for any flaws or biases in the experimental design, evaluating the accuracy and reliability of the data, and verifying that the conclusions drawn are supported by the evidence presented.

2. What are some common mistakes made when analyzing a physics paper?

Some common mistakes when analyzing a physics paper include overlooking important details or assumptions, misinterpreting data or results, and failing to consider alternative explanations or limitations of the study. It's important to carefully read and critically evaluate all aspects of the paper to avoid these mistakes.

3. How do you differentiate between reliable and unreliable sources in physics papers?

Reliable sources in physics papers are typically peer-reviewed journals or reputable research institutions. They will have a rigorous review process and provide clear and transparent information about the methods and results of the study. Unreliable sources, on the other hand, may lack this level of scrutiny and may not be supported by other studies or experts in the field.

4. Is it important to have a strong background in physics to analyze a physics paper?

Having a strong background in physics can certainly be helpful when analyzing a physics paper, as it allows for a better understanding of the concepts and methods used in the study. However, it is not necessary as long as one has a basic understanding of scientific principles and is able to critically evaluate the paper's content.

5. What should be done if there are discrepancies or conflicting results in a physics paper?

If there are discrepancies or conflicting results in a physics paper, it is important to carefully examine the methodology and data to determine the cause of the discrepancies. It may also be helpful to consult other experts in the field for their opinions and to consider if further studies need to be conducted to clarify the results.