Any gentle introduction of Fibonacci chain?

In summary, the Fibonacci sequence is a series of numbers that starts with 0 and 1, with each subsequent number being the sum of the previous two numbers. It has significance in natural phenomena and various fields of study, such as mathematics, computer science, and finance. The Fibonacci ratio, also known as the golden ratio, is closely related to the sequence and has practical applications in architecture, art, and design. In real life, the sequence is used in fields such as finance, computer science, and biology.
samuelandjw
Hi,

I have been searching the internet for some gentle introductions of Fibonacci chain, but so far I haven't found anything. I wonder if anyone can recommend some good introductions to me, e.g. a book, an article...

Thank you.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
You might consider the book "Fibonacci Numbers" by N.N. Vorobiev. You can find it on Amazon.

Related to Any gentle introduction of Fibonacci chain?

1. What is the Fibonacci sequence?

The Fibonacci sequence is a series of numbers where each number is the sum of the previous two numbers, starting with 0 and 1. The sequence was first introduced by Italian mathematician Leonardo Fibonacci in the 12th century.

2. What is the significance of the Fibonacci sequence?

The Fibonacci sequence is significant because it appears in many natural phenomena, such as the branching of trees, arrangement of leaves on a stem, and the spiral patterns on seashells. It also has many applications in mathematics, computer science, and even finance.

3. What is the Fibonacci ratio?

The Fibonacci ratio, also known as the golden ratio, is a mathematical ratio of approximately 1.618. It is derived from the Fibonacci sequence by dividing a number by its previous number, and as the sequence progresses, the ratio approaches 1.618.

4. How is the Fibonacci sequence related to the golden ratio?

The Fibonacci sequence is closely related to the golden ratio as the ratio between two consecutive numbers in the sequence gets closer to the golden ratio as the sequence progresses. The golden ratio also has many connections to the Fibonacci spiral, which is a spiral shape that appears in nature and follows the Fibonacci sequence.

5. How is the Fibonacci sequence used in real life?

The Fibonacci sequence has many practical applications in real life, including in architecture, art, and design. It is also used in financial markets for technical analysis and in computer algorithms for efficient search and sorting. Additionally, scientists use the Fibonacci sequence to model population growth and study the growth patterns of plants and animals.