Any good chemistry simulators?

• Thread starter stephenkohnle53
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chemistry
In summary, the person is looking for a free and simple chemistry simulator for personal use, without needing high accuracy. Suggestions include ReaxFF, a publication-caliber MD simulator with reactivity parameters, and computer assisted organic synthesis programs (CAOS) typically used for drug development. Another recommendation is the Chembuddy software, which offers a 30-day free trial for users to see its capabilities compared to free packages.
stephenkohnle53
I am looking for a free chemistry simulator that allows me to see generally what would happen under certain chemical reactions. I would like it to be relatively simple since I do not know much about chemistry. Any ideas?
Btw its for personal use so it does not need to be very accurate. I am not going to make reactions in real life based off the simulator, I just want to be able to see what would happen and be able to toy with it.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
Likes HAYAO
stephenkohnle53 said:
I am looking for a free chemistry simulator that allows me to see generally what would happen under certain chemical reactions. I would like it to be relatively simple since I do not know much about chemistry. Any ideas?
Btw its for personal use so it does not need to be very accurate. I am not going to make reactions in real life based off the simulator, I just want to be able to see what would happen and be able to toy with it.
You might check out the Chembuddy software that @Borek has in his footer. I don't think there is a free version, but it looks like there is a 30-day free trial so you can see what good software can do for you (versus the free packages). :smile:

I wouldn't count my programs as simulators, but yes - you can check them :wink:

1. What is the best chemistry simulator available?

The best chemistry simulator largely depends on your specific needs and what you are trying to simulate. Some popular options include ChemDraw, ChemOffice, and Avogadro.

2. Are there any free chemistry simulators?

Yes, there are several free chemistry simulators available. Some popular options include Avogadro, ChemSpider, and ChemSketch.

3. Can chemistry simulators be used for educational purposes?

Yes, many chemistry simulators are designed specifically for educational purposes. They can be used to visualize complex concepts, conduct virtual experiments, and aid in understanding chemical reactions.

4. How accurate are chemistry simulators?

The accuracy of a chemistry simulator depends on the specific software and its algorithms. Some simulators are highly accurate and are used in professional research, while others may have limitations in accuracy.

5. Are there chemistry simulators that can simulate reactions in different environments?

Yes, there are chemistry simulators that can simulate reactions in different environments such as in gases, liquids, and solids. Some simulators also allow for simulations in different temperatures and pressures.