Any Recommendations for an Apple Compatible Ad Blocker?

• Thread starter kyphysics
  • Start date
  • Tags
    apple
In summary, the conversation is about finding a good ad blocker for Apple products, specifically an iPad. The recommended options are the Brave browser, which replaces ads with more polite ones, Norton Ad Blocker from the Apple store, and AdGuard, which offers advanced tracking protection and additional paid features. The effectiveness of these ad blockers may vary depending on the device and browser used.
kyphysics
I don't use Apple products that much - although, I have an old iPAD. My older family members do however and some aren't the most tech literate/savvy. They accidentally will click on ads.

Curious if there is a good ad blocker for Apple products that you'd recommend? Are these browser dependent, btw? Free? I appreciate any rec. or feedback you'd like to drop. Thanks! :smile:

Computer science news on Phys.org
The Brave browser might be something to consider. It does ad blocking but replaces them with more polite ads from sponsoring companies. In my mac mini, they appear as small notifications. I'm not sure how they will appear on an iPad.

I have something from the Apple store called "Norton ad Blocker". It seems to work alright, but does let some stuff through.

AdGuard is an ultra-efficient ad blocker for Safari. It will not only remove annoying ads but also secure your privacy with advanced tracking protection. AdGuard for iOS is an open-source app, it's totally transparent and safe to use. The app is free but offers additional paid Premium features for advanced users.

1. What is an ad blocker and why do I need one?

An ad blocker is a software or browser extension that prevents advertisements from being displayed on web pages. Ad blockers can improve internet browsing experience by reducing visual clutter and load times. They also protect against potentially malicious ads and tracking scripts.

2. Is it necessary to use an ad blocker specifically for Apple devices?

While some ad blockers are designed specifically for Apple devices, most ad blockers are compatible with multiple platforms and can be used on Apple devices. However, it is important to choose an ad blocker that is compatible with your specific browser and device.

3. Will using an ad blocker affect the performance of my Apple device?

Using an ad blocker should not significantly affect the performance of your Apple device. However, some ad blockers may use more resources than others, so it is important to choose one that is optimized for your device.

4. Are there any free ad blockers available for Apple devices?

Yes, there are many free ad blockers available for Apple devices. However, some may have limited features or may display their own advertisements. It is important to research and read reviews before choosing a free ad blocker.

5. Can I whitelist certain websites with an ad blocker for Apple devices?

Yes, most ad blockers allow you to whitelist certain websites so that their advertisements are not blocked. This can be useful for supporting your favorite websites or for certain websites that require advertisements in order to function properly.