Anyone else having a terrible reaction to the COVID vaccine?

In summary, the conversation was about one person experiencing flu-like symptoms after receiving the 2nd Pfizer vaccine and seeking comfort and advice from the physicsforums.com community. The person jokingly mentioned that the thread was for "therapy" and that they hoped others would share their experiences to make them feel better. They also suggested posting in a specific thread on the forum for more information.
Grasshopper
Gold Member
Man this is killing me (figuratively I hope). I know I’m whinging, but I rarely get sick, and here I am experiencing full on flu symptoms along with a slightly discomfortable chest after the 2nd Pfizer. In addition to the sore arm.

Being sick sucks, especially when it’s fake sickness meant to train your immune system.

I guess this thread doesn’t have much purpose other than therapy. So what did the physicsforums.com community experience after being vaccinated?

I don’t expect many replies if any, but hopefully I’ll have someone besides my girlfriend to comfort my sadness, via reading worse reactions than mine. 😄

I kid I kid.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org

1. Why am I experiencing a terrible reaction to the COVID vaccine?

It is important to remember that everyone's body reacts differently to vaccines. Some people may experience mild side effects, while others may have more severe reactions. It is also possible that you may have underlying health conditions that could contribute to your reaction. If you are concerned, it is always best to speak with your healthcare provider.

2. What are some common side effects of the COVID vaccine?

Some common side effects of the COVID vaccine may include pain, redness, and swelling at the injection site, fever, chills, fatigue, headache, and muscle or joint pain. These side effects are usually mild and should subside within a few days.

3. How long do the side effects of the COVID vaccine last?

The side effects of the COVID vaccine typically last for a few days, with the majority of people experiencing them within the first 24-48 hours after receiving the vaccine. If you experience more severe or persistent side effects, it is important to contact your healthcare provider.

4. Is it normal to have a terrible reaction to the COVID vaccine?

While it is not uncommon to experience mild side effects from the COVID vaccine, a terrible reaction is not considered normal. If you are experiencing severe or concerning symptoms, it is important to seek medical attention immediately.

5. Can I still get COVID even after receiving the vaccine?

The COVID vaccine significantly reduces the likelihood of contracting the virus, but it is not 100% effective. It is still possible to get COVID after receiving the vaccine, but the symptoms are typically less severe. It is important to continue practicing safety measures, such as wearing a mask and social distancing, even after receiving the vaccine.