APDL - Transient Structural - Exporting stresses over time

In summary, the person is writing their master thesis and needs to export forces over time in transient analysis using APDL coding. They have tried using the force reaction, but it only shows the result as zero. They are not trying to get the forces from the supported nodes, as they already have results for those. However, they need help with extracting the force reaction on nodes that are not supported. They cannot share their structure as it is confidential, but they need to know how to extract the force reaction for a cantilever beam fixed at one end with a force on the other end. The conversation ends with the person stating that their problem has been solved and the case is closed.
Abdullah Kacar
I'm writing my master thesis and need to export forces over time in Transient analysis.
I tried using the force reaction but it shows the result as zero.
BTW I'm not trying to get the forces from the nodes which is supported, with these i get results.

But with the nodes with no support i get the value 0.

I'm new at APDL coding and I'm in a hurry.

Can somebody help?
Thx.

Engineering news on Phys.org
More information and an example needed for review

JBA said:
More information and an example needed for review
I can't share my structure cause it's confidental.
But how would you extract it from a normal cantilever beam fixed at one end, and a force on the other end?
Again, i need the force reaction on the nodes which isn't supported.

For a cantilever beam there should not be any nodes required between the free end force(s) and the connected end reaction(s). If your element is somehow different from that, I would think you should be able to give a simple representation of your element structure in question without revealing any confidential information related to the overall structural assembly design.

There problem is solved and the case is closed.

What is APDL?

APDL (ANSYS Parametric Design Language) is a scripting language used in ANSYS software for finite element analysis. It allows users to automate the creation of models, perform simulations, and post-process results.

What is Transient Structural analysis?

Transient Structural analysis is a type of finite element analysis that allows for the simulation of dynamic or time-dependent behavior of a structure. It takes into account the effects of time-varying loads, material properties, and boundary conditions.

Why is exporting stresses over time important?

Exporting stresses over time allows for the visualization and analysis of how stresses change over the course of a simulation. This can provide valuable insights into the behavior and performance of a structure under dynamic loads.

How do you export stresses over time in APDL?

To export stresses over time in APDL, you can use the *VWRITE command to output the stresses at specific time steps. You can also use the *VGET command to retrieve the stresses from the ANSYS database and save them to a text file for further analysis.

What can you learn from exporting stresses over time?

Exporting stresses over time can provide information on the maximum stresses and their location, how stresses change over time, and the effect of different loading conditions on the stresses. This can help in identifying potential failure points, optimizing designs, and improving the overall performance of a structure.