Aqueous solution of tolyltriazole

• Thread starter zehtab
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Aqueous
In summary, to make a stable aqueous solution of tolyltriazole, you can try using a mixed solvent. However, it is important to consider the desired concentration and application before making any recommendations. It is also recommended to have a basic understanding of chemistry for safe practices.
zehtab
TL;DR Summary
how can i make an Aqueous solution of tolyltriazole?
How can i make an Aqueous solution of tolyltriazole?
i need to make an Aqueous solution of tolyltriazole, but its solubility in water i very low. It dissolves with increasing temperature (50(c)) and redeposits with decreasing temperature. Some sodium hydroxide was added to the solution to improve the solubility, but again, after 2 hours, precipitation is formed by lowering the temperature. What is a way to make a stable aqueous solution of tolyltriazole?

Chemistry news on Phys.org
zehtab said:
TL;DR Summary: What is a way to make a stable aqueous solution of tolyltriazole?
Tolyltriazole is a mixture of organic isomers. One would fully expect it to be highly insoluble in water, consistent with the results you quoted.

There is nothing you can do about it, no obvious way to prepare a stable aqueous solution of the material.

It is conceivable that a mixed solvent might work, but that is a completely different question and very dependent on the intended application.

Hyperfine said:
Tolyltriazole is a mixture of organic isomers. One would fully expect it to be highly insoluble in water, consistent with the results you quoted.

There is nothing you can do about it, no obvious way to prepare a stable aqueous solution of the material.

It is conceivable that a mixed solvent might work, but that is a completely different question and very dependent on the intended application.
Thanks alot.
And what solvent mixture do you recommend?

zehtab said:
And what solvent mixture do you recommend?
Recommend based on what? Have you stated the desired concentration? No. Have you described the application? No. There is insufficient information to provide a reasonable recommendation.

Actually I do have a recommendation. I recommend that if you want to play chemist, you learn some chemistry, if only for the sake of safe practices.

Likes berkeman and Mayhem

1. What is an aqueous solution of tolyltriazole?

An aqueous solution of tolyltriazole is a liquid mixture in which tolyltriazole, a chemical compound used as a corrosion inhibitor, is dissolved in water. It is commonly used in industrial settings to protect metal surfaces from corrosion.

2. How is an aqueous solution of tolyltriazole made?

An aqueous solution of tolyltriazole is typically made by dissolving tolyltriazole powder or crystals in water. The concentration of the solution can vary depending on the specific application, but it is usually between 0.1% to 10% tolyltriazole by weight.

3. What are the benefits of using an aqueous solution of tolyltriazole?

The main benefit of using an aqueous solution of tolyltriazole is its ability to prevent corrosion on metal surfaces. It forms a protective barrier on the metal, preventing it from coming into contact with corrosive substances. Additionally, tolyltriazole is non-toxic and biodegradable, making it an environmentally friendly option for corrosion protection.

4. How is an aqueous solution of tolyltriazole applied?

An aqueous solution of tolyltriazole can be applied to metal surfaces through various methods such as spraying, dipping, or brushing. The surface should be clean and free of any oils or contaminants before the solution is applied. It is also important to ensure proper coverage and drying time for optimal corrosion protection.

5. Are there any precautions to take when handling an aqueous solution of tolyltriazole?

While tolyltriazole is generally considered safe to handle, it is still important to take some precautions. It is recommended to wear protective gloves and eyewear when handling the solution. In case of contact with skin or eyes, rinse thoroughly with water. It is also important to follow proper disposal procedures for the solution to prevent any potential environmental harm.